We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Can't get any offers with soft checks
Comments
-
Probably not, no.
But if you're applying through eligibility checkers then it's likely to be about as good as absolute. There are probably fringe cases where people with ostensibly no income can get credit cards (for example high net worth individuals holding significant assets with the bank they are requesting a card from) but they're unlikely to be offered through a mass market eligibility checker.0 -
Isn't your savings generating income (interest)?
Let's Be Careful Out There0 -
It is (well investments) but as I mentioned, the questionnaires ask to put salary and savings income in different boxes, and it seems they still need a minimum salary. .
0 -
Does this mean I should use a broker or some type of more sophisticated check? I'm not high net worth by any means but I just find it astounding that there isnt some option for people in my situation. For example people that go FIRE and live off investment income won't necessarily have millions in the bank but I assumed they are still able to obtain credit cards. I dont know if this is relevant, but I own a property outright so can't this be considered as collateral (in addition to savings and investment)?
0 -
As an aside I just had one result come back with a 70% chance of approval (Zable). Is it worth the risk of applying?
0 -
Have you actually tried a proper application with your own bank. They know you best.
0 -
No, but that would risk a hard credit check?
0 -
And? It's the only way you are going to find out.
0 -
Seems a bit reckless to go in blind without doing a sosoftft check on their offerings first, particularly when the other eligibility checks have been mostly negative.
0 -
Reckless in what way? It affects your make believe credit score?
Worst case scenario you have a hard search on your credit file but with no income what's the chances of applying for other credit in the foreseeable.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
