We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Weekly Flylady Thread 28th September 2026
Comments
-
Afternoon all. Yesterday I vacuumed and dusted through downstairs again, then we went for a walk and coffee. When we got back I made my Christmas cake and that's done and fed and in the tin now so I can forget about that for a while until I need to feed it again. I also finished washing the bedding and bath towels.
Which was good, because it rained this morning and I didn't have enough washing for a load. Sunny this afternoon though so I sat outside and read for an hour. Not bad for October.
Lots of family stuff going on as usual but hopefully all will be well in the end. Hope everyone's OK x
6 -
Cotswold Outdoors doesn't do YHA discounts on things that were in the sale. Glad I know that now so I don't have to fret about forgetting my discount.
Nine and a half jars of lemon marmalade made with a big pile of lemons I had in a couple of Lid1 2 Good to Waste boxes in the summer which have been cluttering up the freezer ever since, although I have used some of them for various other things.
WMx1 - all the smelly dog pee towels and cleaning cloths on a hot wash.
That's enough for one day.
Better is good enough.Note to self: Motivation follows Action, not the other way around.6 -
I slice scrubbed lemons and freeze the slices on a chopping board then box up. Added to my water bottle improves the taste of the water so I am more likely to actually drink it. Also good for G&T.
Am shattered. now in bed having fallen asleep on the sofa. WM locked and loaded.
Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY"I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
Janice 1964-2016
Thank you Honey Bear7 -
Afternoon all. One washload done today and it's dried beautifully in the lovely sunshine. All folded and put away. We had our usual roast dinner (chicken) and we had a good walk this morning but that's it for today.
Hope everyone's OK and out in the sunshine x
5 -
Belovéd is making dinner tonight and the two theatre chaps are joining us, so that'll be fun. They're doing a dress rehearsal as I type so they'll be ready for food after that.
Yesterday's WM load dried, folded and put away, today's load out on the line. There will be another load washed tomorrow, so I'll get that set up tonight.
Thank you note written to newish next door neighbour for his house-warming dinner last night. He'd never cooked for any more than four before and there were seven of us; glad to report it went smoothly and well. He's a quiet chap and very easy to get along with, we're a noisy lot so I hope he enjoyed it.
Missing drugs for Belovéd were in at the pharmacy so I popped along and picked them up along with a Monday - Sunday dispenser box for him so he won't forget them again.
Restarted my exercises as I've been too busy or tired to do them this week since the guests arrived on Monday so I'm hoping to get back into that routine as I can feel the difference after missing five days.
Belovéd has, at last, cleared and cleaned off his filing cabinet that had a plant on it which was shedding everywhere over the stairs which was driving me mad. Good on him.
Next week should be a bit easier. I hope so, so that I can try on my new hiking shoes, and get back to the outdoors with them while the weather holds.
Better is good enough.Note to self: Motivation follows Action, not the other way around.7 -
body too short
Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY"I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
Janice 1964-2016
Thank you Honey Bear2 -
for anyone else feeling bereft this morning. I just hope this works….
ETA that link didn’t work then!
2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


