We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Weekly Flylady Thread 28th September 2026
Comments
-
buy what i need to make the chilli and tomato jam Ionafan mentioned…
so i have done that. It's very spicy (just call me Mrs Bland)
ETA I need to buy bran, dried cherries (sour I think) and maple syrup (for a Sam Nixon recipe) and I am struggling. I can get pumpkin seeds and I found dried cranberries and pecans in Mr L. Any advice folks? I am hoping not to go to big Mr T but will if I must. I'm fairly sure Grape Tree have bran…
Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY"I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
Janice 1964-2016
Thank you Honey Bear8 -
Morning all, So far this morning I have fed the animals, walked the dog and got the children off to school.
My list for today.
- Do paid stuff
- Do required uni work
- Empty the bathroom bin
- Unload the DW
- Tidy up dishes in the kitchen and load the DW
- Laundry x2 loads
- Collect the kids from school
- Feed the animals and walk the dog
- Take DD up to the stables so she can feed the ponies
I think that is everything that I need to tackle today. I hope everyone has a lovely Wednesday.
Total Debt (June 2026) £30,168 - Proposed debt-free date: August 2032
July 2026 paid £3,119.85, new balance £27,048.15
October 2026 paid £5054.65, new balance £21,993.50
7 -
Morning all. On Monday I thought that this migraine was on its way out, but it is dithering at the threshold and still making me extremely tired and unable to concentrate. I think I need to give myself one job at a time to be completed before I do anything else.
J the gardener is coming his afternoon. We have had an early downpour, but the sky is a beautiful shade of blue, so I
thinkhope it's going to be dry from now until lunchtime. J usually manages to get the lawn cut if it's not actually raining, by swishing a bamboo cane horizontally across the grass and removing as much of the rainwater as possible - the main problem being that the wet grass clogs up the mower.DH has
not appeared yetonly just got up so it will be a late breakfast. I'd better get on with clearing my desk and reorganising the stuff on the spare bed, which should keep me busy all morning:- move T's family history back out of the way for the time being
- cut up hymn sheets (for Sunday's Harvest Festival) and put out ready to take to church
- make a label for a pot of jam (ditto) ditto
- update checklist and put everything that I have already got/bought (which is cluttering up the spare bed and the top of my piano) into the designated grab bag, to be finished properly another day
- sort and file paperwork
- wrap up two presents and write three birthday cards (DH is responsible for getting his DSis's present)
- update ACNY website.
I have just (09.39) been called down to breakfast!
xxx
8 -
Good to see you back Sandy Shores. I hope the improvements in your health continue, so * healing vibes * are heading your way, along with some for Ionafan and MMM.
I hope the meeting with management goes / went well Round.
Good to hear the Agéd P has gone down your / the recommended route of having a shopping list Valli. I'd be lost without one but even that doesn't stop me from buying things that aren't on it. I need to stop doing that.
WMx1 with lots of dog mistakes being the main cause, and a new to us small dog/large cat round bed that the cats with love. The tip at Ivybridge has an area set aside for items the bin men have salvaged from people taking stuff To The Dump Dump Dump and we usually find all sorts of interesting gibble that won't be going to landfill if we give it a home. This week's haul - a pair of baking dishes in a size I'd find useful, the animal bed, a 15" tall huge green vase that happens to be the same shade as the green in the dining room so will look just right on the end of the dining table, a fabulous blue pot and saucer that scrubbed up beautifully and looks new (it was a horrible mess with disintegrating slug tape on it), a couple of paperbacks and other goodies I've already forgotten about. All in, a tenner, because it isn't about making money, it's about reusing.
I think Wren's mistakes are something she dug up in the garden a few days ago and ate, and being disconcerted by having people in the house she doesn't know. They're our friends so we're spending a lot of time with them, unlike theatre people that basically come and go very quickly and treat the place like a hotel (good), spending time either out or in their bedroom. Anyway, Wren's struggling at the moment. There's a lot of shreds of paper and cardboard around the place because she's allowed to take them out of the recycling bin in my office when she's stressed to have something to chew.
The oven needs a clean this afternoon as a fish pie I made on Monday overflowed and I need to bake dinner tomorrow night in it, so I don't want to be baking with that gunk on the bottom.
Belovéd starts his treatment today after a hospital appointment this morning, at long last. I think we have a handle on the time frame now, which has been a bit worrying to date. And we discovered that the last person we saw forgot to prescribe one of the drugs he needs to start today so another prescription has been issued. Good thing she checked.
Better is good enough.Note to self: Motivation follows Action, not the other way around.8 -
Update:
move T's family history back out of the way for the time beingcut up hymn sheets (for Sunday's Harvest Festival) and put out ready to take to churchmake a label for a pot of jam (ditto) dittoupdate checklist and put everything that I have already got/bought (which is cluttering up the spare bed and the top of my piano) into the designated grab bag, to be finished properly another daysort and file paperworkwrap up two presents and write three birthday cards (DH is responsible for getting his DSis's present)update ACNY website.
I have also done the following
- Rosie's walk (though only a short one)
- sat for about an hour in the garden, picking up pyracantha branches from where J the gardener had dropped them as he pruned, and chopping them into shorter lengths to fit in the green bin
- provided tea and scones at the appropriate time
- had a few zzz.
Quite pleased with my progress today 😊
7 -
@Honey_Bear wrote:
«Belovéd starts his treatment today after a hospital appointment this morning, at long last. I think we have a handle on the time frame now, which has been a bit worrying to date. And we discovered that the last person we saw forgot to prescribe one of the drugs he needs to start today so another prescription has been issued. Good thing she checked.»
I hope that all will go smoothly now, and that the treatment will have the desired effect. Thinking of you both xx
8 -
Sending 'succesful treatment' vibes to Beloved (can't do the accent on the e, sorry).
Made tomato and chilli jam - thanks Iona, for the link, though I gave up on the recipe's method for testing and resorted to the classic cold plate and fingernail. Been to the vol job today, out for lunch (again) though I did go into the wrong cafe but was spotted and phoned before I made an idiot of myself talking to the cafe staff. Three cafes in close proximity and I have been in all of them recently so hardly surprising!
I have connected my water butt to the drainpipe but I now need a couple of brackets for the drainpipe having loosened the bottom one and having discovered there wasn't a top one!
16 (SIXTEEN!) TV licence 'renewal has failed' emails forwarded to report@phishing.gov.uk - each from a different email address.
Swiiming stuff (from Monday) lined dried this afternoon. DW and WM locked and loaded and bins out.
RIP Dame Esther Rantzen.
Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY"I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
Janice 1964-2016
Thank you Honey Bear8 -
Morning all,
🐇🐇🐇to those that do. October already?!
I haven’t posted for a couple of days but have been a reluctannt flyer. Bedroom, bathroom and kitchen ticked from the list. I have also managed a long, long walk on new-to-us footpaths in glorious autumn sunshine with a friend. The views were stunning from the top. Coffee also had with another friend. This morning is all about the allotment, then Mr M will be delivering.
Successful treatment vibes to Belovéd, and coping vibes to HB x
I hope that pesky migraine ups and leaves today, Iona x7 -
@Honey_Bear - I hope all goes well for belovéd 🤞
Sorry I haven't been around for the past couple of days- I've felt pretty ropey (think I'd has infected me with his cold) so no flying done. I'm exhausted today but feel better than I did so I'm going to do a few bits before slobbing (in true sloth style!) for the rest of the day.
This morning I have sorted the moggies, rearranged the chest freezer and moved the contents of the upright freezer into it as the upright one needs replacing - I'm ordering the new one today so hopefully it will arrive in the next few days so that dh can help with the transfers when it does, I don't like cold!! 🥶😂
Hugs to all that need them 😁
'Happiness is not a destination but the journey you walk every day'
GC - October: £39.94/£350
Debt neutral fund - 3/45
'It's the small compromises you keep making over time that start to add up and get you to a place you don't want to be'9 -
Thank you @Honey_Bear and sending healing vibes back and around to all those who need them, including your Beloved.
Yesterday I had a hoover through the kitchen and mopped the floor too. Also hoovered the hall and the living room. I wanted to finish off upstairs today but I took a long walk yesterday afternoon and was whacked today. Planning to pick it up again tomorrow. I need to get some milk in the morning and still have to collect the prescription and make a start on decluttering some clothing.
"Think of many things, do one"
DFW 2019: MFW aim 2031: bal Sep26 £159k / £310k 2020
Seven Goals; and healthy diet/walk/run/exercising/weights/yoga4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



