We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Weekly Flylady Thread 28th September 2026
Comments
-
Evening all. Thanks for the list that I've totally ignored as today I was looking after DGS. It was a doddle just having him.
My original plans for tomorrow have been cancelled so I've no excuse not to fly in the morning although my afternoon is still looking busy.
Spend less now, work less later.7 -
So I handwashed my top (bought from the posh neighbours); it dried so was worn tonight as it was half price curries at Mowgli. I had Goan fish curry (well a taste of) - to the amusement of my friends as it was spicy hot (to me) and I don't usually eat spicy hot… but the other stuff was delicious and I drove into Steel city (though I did go wrong - followed the road to DDs but I know my way around that part of steel city so not a problem! Soon got back on track!
All washing, including today's is ironed and airing. Tulip gift from DS planted. DW locked and loaded - not full so oven shelves have filled it and WM locked and loaded with swimming gear. Car taken to hand car wash. Gift spreadsheet updated.
Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY"I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
Janice 1964-2016
Thank you Honey Bear7 -
Morning all xx
I'm up, made my bed, taken my meds, turned over the calendars, completed the nyt puzzles, eaten breakfast and I'm supping my first brew.
I've looked at today's list. I tested my heating at the weekend so I can ✔ that. My boiler plays up but I know how to get it going again if it flashes 79, and how to repressurise it, so 🤞it will survive another winter. (I have a small halogen heater as a back up just in case).
Flylady posivibes are needed this morning please. I've requested a face to face meeting with my line manager's line manager (who is currently handling my sick leave because my line manager avoids me when possible) to discuss my future plans 🙃. And breathe ....
Then I can maybe look at booking an optician's appointment and booking the transport for my hospital appointment.
Have a good day.
Rxx
IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONSFOR MAGIC TO HAPPENRosemary Ikpeme
7 -
Morning. Hope you're doing okay.
This morning I have walked Poppet and hoovered through. Dailies are done and I've changed sofa throws and bedding, all of which is now on line. I've also made fruit salad for my breakfast for a few days, coleslaw to go with dinner tonight and harvested more tomatoes from the greenhouse which needed watering along with the gardens.
Kitchen sink has also been scrubbed and from the list I went round the house moving things to their correct homes.
That is it for today as I now have a meeting and an exercise class to attend. I'll post a parcel on my way.
Spend less now, work less later.7 -
Afternoon all, I have had a lazy start to the day as still not feeling too well. DD is dealing with the animals whilst I'm not very well. DH is helping with getting the kids to school and various tasks around the home (despite currently not living here atm 🤞)
My list for today
Switch on the DWDo some of the required uni workSpend an hour on scheduling the plannerSend invoices to weekly clientsEnquiry about getting a carpet washed- Empty the bathroom bin
- Spend an hour marketing the business
I think that is enough for me to tackle considering I'm still not feeling well.
Total Debt (June 2026) £30,168 - Proposed debt-free date: August 2032
July 2026 paid £3,119.85, new balance £27,048.15
October 2026 paid £5054.65, new balance £21,993.50
7 -
Flylady vibes winging their way to Roundville.
Taken the aged P to Mr M with - for the first time ever - a shopping list. (I have been suggesting that). I have come home with lots of his home grown tomatoes so I am going to go to Mr L later and buy what I need. I have, previously, tried doing my own shopping when I am with the aged P but, in all honesty, it is way too stressful. But shopping with a list was much easier, he was impressed and is going to do it again.
Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY"I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
Janice 1964-2016
Thank you Honey Bear8 -
Thank you Valli. Flylady vibes received and much appreciated. Your post made me laugh. You can't beat a list! I'm always pleased to see a convert has been made. 🙂
Good news: the HA has sent written consent for the engineer to fit full fibre broadband to the property.
I've fed the birds, put out the recycling, put away the pots that were LTD, and recycled the washed plastics.
Tired now.
Love to all.
Rxx
IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONSFOR MAGIC TO HAPPENRosemary Ikpeme
7 -
So I'm still off track after being poorly, but have managed to defrost the freezer and book a supermarket delivery.
Still got to get around to collecting my prescription and selling some stuff - but that all involves leaving the house. Hoping to get back to the flylady list tomorrow.
"Think of many things, do one"
DFW 2019: MFW aim 2031: bal Sep26 £159k / £310k 2020
Seven Goals; and healthy diet/walk/run/exercising/weights/yoga7 -
I'm away on holiday until next week but as we are self catering the dishwasher is going on and we will wash and dry our clothes before we return. Having a very relaxing time walking on the beach and stopping for a cuppa. The cafe has a selection of Autumnal coffees - honey oat cardamom or toffee apple crisp or blueberry crumble matcha or cookie butter latte. They all sound delicious but I don't drink coffee 😉
8 -
Evening all. Yesterday I dusted, polished and vacuumed downstairs and up the stairs and washed the kitchen floor. Later in the morning I cut the grass, edged it and swept up. In between those two things we went out with DD2 to a garden centre for coffee and a wander.
Today I dusted, polished and vacuumed the bedrooms. Went out with DD2 to keep her company at the opticians and then we had coffee. This afternoon I updated my old laptop while we caught up on some television programmes which were building up.
Tomorrow I have to take DGD4 to school, back home for shopping delivery and put that away, then to DD1's to look after DGD2 and the dog, back to pick up DGD4 from school and give her tea. Not expecting to do much else.
Hope everyone's OK x
8
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



