We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Weekly Flylady Thread 28th September 2026
Comments
-
Morning everyone (waves frantically)
I somehow managed to get logged out of my account and couldn't retrieve the password, long boring story. Anyhow, here I am. I have missed you.
Quick update, things are generally OK here. My first grandchild is due in 12 days time and I have slightly reduced my hours to be available for childcare. Slight anxieties about the reduction in pay but I have done it anyway.
My finances need attention, it's been a spendy summer.
Today I am officially pottering and then out for an early dinner. I should try to do some yoga. I need to do some paid stuff but only for a couple of hours from home.
9 -
Good morning everyone 👋
👋👋 frantically back at YL. Good to see you 🙂
I'm up, made my bed, taken my meds, turned over the calendars, completed the nyt puzzles, got dressed and supped a brew.
To Do Today List
- Feed the birds
- Put out the recycling
- Pay the leccy bill
- Write Christmas lists
- Write Birthday lists
Baby steps.
Love to all.
Rxx
IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONSFOR MAGIC TO HAPPENRosemary Ikpeme
5 -
Morning all. Good to see you YL.
Flying has just been basics this week as I'm back to paid stuff. Today, I've done a work shift, walked Poppet in the rain for an hour and put away some dry washing from yesterday. Oh and checked banking.
I would get the hoover out but I might not hear a delivery that's due, so I'll have an early lunch, do some puzzles and then get back to paid stuff.
This weekend will be more editing of DHs book. It's hard going because it's not a subject of choice for me. Hopefully I can get it finished.
Spend less now, work less later.6 -
Welcome back Yorkshire Lass and congratulations on your first grandbaby's imminent arrival. Thank you everyone for the positivity for Belovéd's treatment. He keeps muttering about forgetting to take it!
Our friends have nipped over to France for a week (with a shopping listy from us) so I've got to turn their room around for an arrival today. The other room is already ready so I'm slightly ahead of myself for once. I need to make some space in the fridge - we've got a lot of leftovers so I won't need to cook for a fair few days, but that means there's not a lot of space in there. The food cupboard's already been cleared, again, slightly ahead of myself which is a Very Good Thing as I'm extremely tired. I also need to sweep and wash the kitchen floor. The shower room needs doing as well. It's going to be a day of Flying.
We had our flu jabs yesterday so that's another thing I can tick off the list, but I need to catch up on the accounts.
Better is good enough.Note to self: Motivation follows Action, not the other way around.5 -
Afternoon all,
Lovely to have you back with us, YL. Congratulations on the imminent arrival.
Another one here who got jabbed this morning. Crossed off the list - not that I was ever that person queuing up right before Christmas at the last available slot… whistling nonchalantly…
After yesterday’s definite lack of flying, I have pulled my finger out and given cursory attention to the LR, hall, stairs and landing, the spare room and DD’s room. I did say a cursory fly past… This afternoon I am considering cutting out a toile for a new to me pattern for some much needed trousers. Yesterday I considered cleaning the LR windows as the window cleaner’s visit proved the dirt was on the inside. Needless to say no action has yet been taken by me. Tomorrow is another day.
6 -
Congratulations YL! How exciting!
So I was up at sparrow's cough to pick DS up as he has had to take his new-to-him car back for a faulty tyre pressure sensor to be replaced. Then he wanted to go to M&S - this was a complete revelation to me - I'm never normally in there that early - loads of car parking spaces and yellow stickers galore! There is a YS chicken in my freezer now! He has bought flowers and a birthday cake for his GF (DiL) which we took back to his and he picked up his drill, off to collect the Aged P and all 3of us had an all you can eat cooked breakfast at a local branch of a carvery chain. Then dropped off the aged P and back to mine with the drill and the drainpipe which feeds into my new water but is now properly secured to the wall with brackets.
Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY"I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
Janice 1964-2016
Thank you Honey Bear4 -
Good to have you back with us, YL x
I have done a few things today which have resulted in a tidier house and a calmer brain before bedtime:
- got Wordle in four, but only 2 lines of Connections
- made one batch of lemon marmalade with a very good set
- sorted the jam jars to fit in 3 boxes
- made 8 (i.e. one mix) out of the 24 small Christmas cakes that I need, plus a bit leftover for refreshments
- got an idea of how much of which baking ingredients I shall need in the coming week to finish the cakes - supplies of chopped nuts and dried fruit need replenishing
- tidied the worktops, WULTD the baking/marmalade utensils and S&S'd the kitchen
- FU all DH's clean dry laundry and left it on his bed in neat piles
- moved things out of the utility to the garden or at least the back porch, so that I don't forget to plant them
- dealt with changes to Standing Orders (cancel old, set up new) due to my friend F telling me that she has moved two of my godchildren's savings to new bank accounts paying better interest
- did a bit of shuffling of my own funds
- sent emails and added dates to the diary
- went for a walk with Rosie, but only a short one because my back was killing me
- had a nice chat with DS2
- moved some things round in my study to clear space on the desk and piano (big improvement)
- played with Rosie while watching Traitors
DH is still at war games club… I am ready to go to bed, but it will upset Rosie's routine if I do so before she has had her garden visit and her tablet from DH, then she'll have her final treat from me and settle down in the corner by my bed. She is definitely a creature of habit and has trained us well.
xxx
6 -
Hi everyone 👋
Aaaah. That feels better. Showered. Washed my hair. Clean clothes. I almost feel hooman. 👽
WM is swishing towels and tea towels. That wasn't the plan but I set the shower running with a towel still in situ over the side of the bath. And it got rather wet! So it's in WM with some mates having an early swish.
Coffee anyone?
Rxx
IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONSFOR MAGIC TO HAPPENRosemary Ikpeme
7 -
Morning all. I'll join you for my third coffee Round.
Up early to walk Wren in the hope that she'd stop refusing to go any further and turning for home at the first opportunity, which she started doing in the hot weather and now does regularly for no reason I can fathom. I thought I'd figured it out but this morning the new idea didn't work, which is frustrating. Her digestion has cleared up but she puddled late last night which was unnecessary as far as putting her out goes, but necessary in her mind. It may have something to do with having new-to-her people in the house, which is a bit unfortunate given doing theatre digs. However, one of the funnies I've collected over the years about dogs which has a strapline for each breed says about Dogs that Change Lightbulbs - the Cocker's attitude is 'Why would I need to change the bulb? I can pee on the carpet just as easily in the dark.' If it's a breed specific problem that would make sense - Layla used to do it when we had new-to-her people.
Both chaps are in, both have been here before but not for several years and both seem happy to be here. One of them said some really lovely things about digs here so I'm made up about that.
Yesterday was exceptionally hard work so I need to do a bit more every day so that the house doesn't need that much attention in one go. I did have to do the kitchen floor, the shower room and turn one bedroom around but the other bits and pieces like dropping stuff off at the CS and plastic to the Co-op could have waited another day, and washing all the dog's and cats' water and food bowls etc should have been done a day or two earlier. I was running on empty before yesterday and that's what's got to change because it's not going to get easier as I get any older.
I completely forgot I had my YHA membership card with me when I bought something at Cotswold Outdoors that was expensive on Thursday so I need to see if I can Return it and then buy it again with the discount. Not sure if they'll let me do it in one hit, or whether I should Return it and go back in the next day to buy it again which seems a bit of an unnecessary faff.
Better is good enough.Note to self: Motivation follows Action, not the other way around.6 -
It's the weekend. I now know where the lad who lives across the road works - (in a bar) and also which (different) bar a former volunteer at my vol job does security - rest of my 'gang' in the bar quite intrigued as to why the security guy was 'having a word' with me 😂. I ended up in the second bar because I was at DiLs surprise birthday party in the first bar and she was made up, having thought no-one was able to celebrate!
Washing oin the line as I stripped my bed yesterday. Now I am doing 'bitty' jobs!
Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY"I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
Janice 1964-2016
Thank you Honey Bear6
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



