We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
VARS fine for fuel - cashier didn't charge me
Comments
-
Sure you can see it that way for both parking and fuel purchases. Its the cost of doing business and cost of collecting money from non payers pushes the up the price for everyone using their services. That is why the contract has T&C to make in fair for everyone. I don't see it in anyway unreasonable to be charged extra for the extra service and cost involved in collections service. It's a bit like charging for home delivery.
Like many outlets in the US, maybe the should force payment before delivery of fuel. I guess they don't want to miss the chance of customers entering the shop and buying something along with the fuel. I think it would again force up the prices and be a very sad day.
0 -
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, and it's what M&S thought before they made their claim against the shoplifting girls, but the judge decided otherwise.
Although In Beavis the recovery "cost" was said to be incorporated into the parking charge (which is 99% profit), which I very much agree with.2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards