We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Civil Enforcement PCN at medical centre

missysx101
missysx101 Posts: 12 Forumite
10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

Hi,

I am sorry to post this as I tried following the newbie guide. I found that I should complain to PALS or the GP surgery but is there a template to follow for this scenario?

The driver took his wife to dermatologist appointment. The appointment was in a GP's office but the building is very close to the hospital so they could be joint. The driver is unsure why he received the charge because he read the sign before parking and it said the parking is for patients visiting the GP.

1 day after receiving the letter the driver went to check the sign again and realised it is his fault as the sign says: Parking for (name of GP) surgery patients, visitors and Blue badge holders only. Below that it then says You must register your vehicle details at the GP reception.

So the driver has only read part of it and did not register. Therefore, the driver is at fault. However, the appointment is genuine. Is it possible to turn this over?

So does the complaint go to the GP's office and just state the truth? I apologise for the rookie post and thank you in advance.

«134

Comments

  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 27,201 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    In our surgery, there is a huge screen that is used to check in for your appointment. We don't need to register our VRM but if we did it would be easy to add it to the check-in screen - no excuses!

  • missysx101
    missysx101 Posts: 12 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Hi, yes that is right. It wasn't clear if I missed it however, when I went back to check there was a sign but I only read to the part where it states parking is for patience only and didn't read the rest thinking I've got my answer I guess. Regarding the tablet I don't remember seeing one inside. I am sending an email to the surgery today but do I accept the fault and say I missed the sign?

  • missysx101
    missysx101 Posts: 12 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Hi, thank you for your response. Do I accept that the driver only read half the sign and was genuine mistake as there was definitely an appointment at that time.

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,304 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    I wouldn't admit anything, I would be complaining about it due to it being an authorised appointment and the signage is poor & inadequate

  • missysx101
    missysx101 Posts: 12 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Thank you. If you have a chance can you please have a look at the email. Would you add or remove anything?

    I am contacting you regarding a parking charge issued to my vehicle following a visit to Crumpsall Vale GP on 8 September 2026.
    My wife was attending the practice for a dermatology appointment, following a referral, and I was accompanying her to the appointment. I am not a regular patient of the practice.
    As my wife was attending the surgery for a genuine medical appointment, I understood that the parking was legitimately available to us as visitors attending the practice.
    I have since received a Parking Charge Notice from Civil Enforcement Ltd (PCN *********) relating to my vehicle.
    I would be very grateful if you could please confirm that my wife had an appointment at the practice on this date and, if assist by contacting Civil Enforcement to request that the parking charge is cancelled.
    I would also ask the practice to consider whether there should be clear and prominent signage within the GP surgery indicating that patients and visitors are required to obtain or display a permit in order to park. This would make the requirement much clearer to patients and visitors attending appointments.
    I can provide my wife's name and appointment details if required so that you can verify her attendance.
    I would really appreciate your assistance in getting this matter resolved.

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,304 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 25 September at 11:34AM

    Looks OK, but I would suggest that you add her details anyway, otherwise the ping pong match might start, back and forth, plus the actual complaint should come from her, the patient of the practice, on your behalf

    I would add a picture of the NTK PCN letter and any proof of the appointment too

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,973 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 27 September at 10:49PM

    Just to add, no appeal will work but nobody pays Civil Enforcement Ltd.

    Ignore, ignore then ignore some more, but:

    TELL THEM IF YOU MOVE HOUSE.

    Do not ignore a Claim Form. Easy peasy to defend and CEL discontinue cases in the end. No risk, no cost, no hearing, nothing to pay

    Read post 4 then post 2 of NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST

    See my signature for how to hop there.

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.