We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
HSBC APP
Comments
-
If you don't want to use a mobile, you can still request a physical secure key device
https://www.hsbc.co.uk/help/security-centre/generate-security-codes/
I assume other banks are the same to be honest, I'd rather use a bank that uses multi factor authentication for web based logins - and mobiles are rather ubiquitous these days.
(I also have a backup old phone I keep around in case of loss of my main one)0 -
I rarely use the website to log on anymore but I did request one when I was still a Premier customer but was told it's either the app or the physical device, and not both.
2 -
That was "helpful", thanks.
0 -
Fortunately I am visiting a UK city which has an HSBC branch so I went in there today and got my account info needed to set up app outside secure folder and gain access to my accounts again.
I was also told it's either app or physical key.
I firmly but politely gave them the benefit of thoughts as feedback!
1 -
HSBC won't let you have the app on more than one device either
0 -
I'm running their app on two devices.
Let's Be Careful Out There2 -
Maximum of three devices.
5 -
It's definitely up to three devices: I went through this yesterday when setting up my new iPhone. Same for First Direct (a HSBC brand).
3 -
On IOS 18 and later, you can press and hold on any app, and choose "Require Face ID*". It'll popup a message asking if you also want to move it to the hidden folder.
You can find the hidden folder on the rightmost home screen (app library), at the bottom.
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph00f208d05/ios
*or Touch ID
1 -
Now that kind of useful feature is the sort of thing that almost makes me consider buying an iPhone.
Can you even protect the annoyingly unprotectable (on Android) Gmail app?
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




