We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
HSBC APP
Comments
-
Exactly!
I am away from home at the moment and don't recall sort code/account and no ID with me.
(I cannot wait to get away from HSBC.)
0 -
Agreed, but the Secure Folder issue is only applicable to Samsung phones (AFAIK) which is only a proportion of their Android-using customers. Not sure if they would want to issue an APB just for a minority of customers.
Should have had their front-line helpdesk/CS up to speed on this though.
Mind you, bet iOS customers don't get these kind of issues.
1 -
hmmm.... A Google search would suggest otherwise!
0 -
I think what the problem is with HSBC (and FD) is that the app is a single point of failure
whereas with other banks (for example Nationwide, Lloyds) you can log on to internet banking if the app fails using a user ID, password, text etc, HSBC require you to use the app to log on to internet banking
So if the app fails then you have absolutely no access to your accounts
3 -
The app now crashes when I try to activate biometrics so now having to log on with mobile pin every time
1 -
Motorola have a similar thing on their Android phones (Moto Secure). I'm not sure if it affects HSBC or not.
And yep, all my bank apps are in the IOS hidden folder and they don't seem to be affected, beyond not being able to send notifications.
0 -
all my bank apps are in the IOS hidden folder
I didn't know you can have a hidden folder in IOS - how do I go about getting one?
0 -
….that's because it's hidden
1 -
I'm just thankful that modern advances have simplified the banking process to such a degree. Anyone remember when we had to physically move our bodies and get cash handed to us from a person? Oh man.
0 -
HSBC is a nightmare because if your app stops working you are unable to log on via their website and lose complete access to online banking.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


