We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
BYD Dolphins
Comments
-
Depending on type of wheelchair you will struggle in the boot of a Dolphin. Fold the 60% of the 60/40 rear seat & it's a lot easier.
If you can charge at home & EV will be better given only a reduction gearbox. So no worry about what type of auto box.
Life in the slow lane0 -
For that set of requirements, consider the Honda Jazz with Magic Seats.
1 -
oh I don’t know, if I’ve had a curry the night before it might be borderline
0 -
What type of auto gearbox do most of these Chinese hybrid cars use ?
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0 -
Folded - not set up to use ! It does fit behind the upright rear seat in my Suzuki
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0 -
Earlier in this thread you were looking for an EV. EVs are generally single-speed; there's only one forward gear.
Now you're asking about hybrids? Wikipedia says the Dolphin G has an E-CVT, broadly similar to the Toyota Prius.
Here's a lengthy explanation:
N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.0 -
China had a massive push to EV 20 years ago, it's why their cars are reasonable, particularly for battery length due to the tech investment. They might choose not to ship tonnes of parts for just in case scenarios, perhaps they will when their sales are sufficient
Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness:
People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.
0 -
The said poster is renowned for posting about EVs but is clearly anti EV so pointless in responding. This has been going on for years.
3 -
I assume that you mean ME ?
Yes I have been uncertain for years but may have been swayed by technology …
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0 -
I was loaned a Jazz hybrid while our ENY1 was in for a recall.
I honestly don't think I've driven a worse car.
All CVT boxes are awful, that's a given, but the one on the Jazz was particularly bad, just screaming away with very little in the way of forward movement.
What a thoroughly unpleasant little car.
By way of direct comparison, an MG3 hybrid we had on holiday was much, much nicer to drive.
I wouldn't own a hybrid under any circumstance, but gun to my head the MG3 beats the Jazz hands down.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


