We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Your negative flight experience/s?
Comments
-
On a flight from Prague to Manchester a few years ago, the first landing was aborted at the very last minute. The pilot explained that there was an obstacle on the runway. We circled a couple of times and tried again. Once more, landing aborted at a late stage. When the pilot announced a small fire on board, people were getting very worked up. Third time was the charm and we landed without further incident but it was a very memorable experience!
0 -
I was on a Ryanair flight once and people clapped when we landed….Awful!
1 -
so what was awful about it? The clapping or being on a R*****R flight? 🤣
0 -
Both the above !!!😂
0 -
I flew by RyanAir this time. Can't remember who it was last time. I was unsure as all I'd ever heard connected to the name was negativity (& then you go & post that which just further strengthens what I'd heard).
To be fair the flight was fine. They seemed to take their time getting us moving to come home but aside from that & entertaining that woman for 20-30mins, I've really no gripe about them (and trust me, I can gripe!).
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
Returning from Japan via Schiphol in January. The flight from Schiphol to Brum was cancelled. As it was near midnight and the next flight was at 7am I chose to stay in the airport, rather than use the "free" off-site hotel KLM organised (scared I'd not wake up in time, having already been up 36+hrs. Oh you lucky people who can sleep on planes!).
Big mistake, as there are mice running all over Schiphol during the night, crawling over my bags etc while I was trying to sleep on the seats.
I'll take the hotel next time ;-)1 -
Booked a 3 day trip to Venice, with a transfer in Munich. On landing at Munich airport they announced that all flights were suspended due to a security alert. Our onward flight was cancelled so we queued for about 3 hours to find out that the next available flight to Venice was the following evening and they also had no accommodation left for that night so we had to arrange it all ourselves. Of course, on finally getting to Venice the next day our luggage didn't arrive.
It turned out that the "security alert" was due to a woman who went through security with a bottle of water in her bag. They told her to empty it but somehow managed to let her go through without doing so. By the time they realised, they couldn't track her down - and shut down the whole airport causing chaos for thousands of people.
0 -
Probably a good thing for that woman & her safety that they couldn't track her down!
🤐🤐🤐
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards