We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Autumnal Achieving

12357…22

Comments

  • PennysIntoPounds
    PennysIntoPounds Posts: 7,417 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Definitely award worthy @KajiKita

    I have done some more of the big clean. I'm now on downstairs

  • Rhyddid2026
    Rhyddid2026 Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I have renewed my car insurance. Current company tried it on, massive increase, I clicked on review my quote but didn't change anything, the new quote was only £1 dearer than this year's. That'll do, I was only going to save a couple of pound if I switched but so much more faff.

    Debts                04/01/25       01/09/26  
    CC1                   £14,122.71     - 
    CC2                     -                   £6,975
    CC3                   £6,112.60      £6,495
    1st Direct CC     £176.03         £151.44
    CC total             £20,411.34    £13,621.44
    OD                     £1100            £0
    Car loan             £4,000          £2,400
    1st Direct Loan  £10,684.44    £3,825
    Total                  £36,195.78    £19,846.44
    EF £2,800
    HF £3
    EB £250
  • @KajiKita - Punch more holes and use them as planters. It took three attempts to get plastic boxes from Amazon here in California - every order came damaged. I switched to another store instead.

  • KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 10,814 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

    Thanks for the suggestion but they are clear plastic so would become brittle in UV very quickly. Mr KK can use the broken ones - he looked quite pleased to be offered them 😊

    KK

    As at 26.09.26:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
    - OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
    c. 17 months reduction in term
    Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030

    Read 70 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 1st October. 
    Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026

    Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
    Watch your words, they become your actions. 
    Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,243 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Thanks for starting another seasonal thread @PennysIntoPounds. I’m ready for a September reset after my holiday but need to think about my aims first. So please count me in.

    @amandajmartin what an awful time you’ve had. Be kind to yourself and take it slowly.

    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.