We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Is it worth me switching to an EV?
Comments
-
I’d quite like an ev but I keep my car in a garage which is located at the bottom of my garden, yes I could use a granny charger as there’s power there, but I’d be best with a dedicated cable and charge point which would be extra expense, my car is a Toyota hybrid giving mid to high 60s mpg in summer which drops to mid 50s in winter, being newly retired we will be using our car for days out and holidays further afield, I’d mainly have to use public charging which might not be cost effective in running an ev..
0 -
My Octopus is currently 3.49p/kwh and I'm getting around 3.8miles/kwh in my BMW i4. I read yesterday that it can now cost £89 to fill a petrol tank. That would get me 9000 miles assuming home charging only! And that's playing with the 335bhp.
1 -
The top spec Dacia spring can be ordered new for £9933.74 24kWh Extreme 100 75kW 5dr Auto.
The lower spec is £9183.75.
Four years servicing at today’s price is £660.
A service plan with 2 mot’s is £815.52, £16.99 a month.
That is £155.52 more, for 2 mot’s, but set prices, Dacia Zen is included which extends the Warranty each service up to 7 years.
A basic no nonsense car, limited range and power, will do the job, for a low price.
1 -
Interesting. I just did a comparison and my insurance would be roughly £150 higher per year on an EV. Does this seem about average?
It does have this engine. What makes you say that?
I did look into this too. Would probably equate to around £300 per year plus the mandatory £200 road tax.
0 -
I have one, I'm pleased with it overall, apart from my doubts about long term corrosion resistance. (I've had the Bilt Hamber to the inside of the sills, but tbh, I was equally unimpressed with the underside of the Inster I looked at)
It isn't under powered, 100HP in a light bodyshell is more than enough for what would have been "hot hatch" performance 20 years ago. It will chirp the linglong tyres easily accelerating hard from 40-60 or pulling away, several owners spend £££ on "better" tyres, but that rather defeats the point of a cheap car imho…
My biggest complaint is the rock hard seat with only back rake angle adjustment and no lumbar support.
The main shortcoming that I can see is they gave it a very large boot at the expense of rear seat leg room. (Suits me as the rear seat is where The Dog goes- she wears a proper harness)
I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....
(except air quality and Medical Science
)0 -
Where are you seeing this? I'm finding prices closer to 12k.
Also considering used Hyundai Ioniq
0 -
-
Looks great but I can't find it on the website at present.
0 -
I would ignore the Dacia Spring and aim for something like a Vauxhall e-Corsa, early VW ID.3 or late Renault Zoe. Something which has more than ~150 miles (real world) range and can rapid charge if needs be.
0 -
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
