We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Travel Money Card

2»

Comments

  • Dr._Zoidberg
    Dr._Zoidberg Posts: 18 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Thanks for all the advice folks, plenty to think about and I shall investigate!

  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 4,857 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    If you want a joint account with cards each - Starling or Monzo, Chase don't offer these at present.

    When we opted for Starling both of us had to open a single account and then transfer to a joint one.

    I suspect this is to verify the identity of each party for app based accounts ?

  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 21,911 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Chutzpah Haggler

    I don't know why people think it's so much hassle setting up a new bank account or credit card, it's easy these days, even if you have to do an ID check it's usually easy if you have a passport, all done through the app in a few minutes. Only downside is a credit check which may be an issue if you have a bad credit history.

    Prepaid cards are far more hassle, I've been given one as a signup incentive from my broadband provider and half the places I've tried it it doesn't work, I have to enter the PIN every single time I use it, and I'll have to plan my spend carefully so I can use the full balance (I've worked this one out - use it for petrol where I can get the spend to exactly what I have left!).

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.