We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Japan Airlines Refund
We booked 2 tickets to Tokyo for September. Due to unforeseen circumstances we have had to cancel.
Tickets purchased on JAL website on a semi flex basis. Cancelled on JAL website with follow up email confirmation of amount - all good.
However email says refund may take 2 months to process back to original card.
Seems a bit excessive - anyone got any experience of doing similar.
Comments
-
The above is exactly what an AI search and the JAL website say.
0 -
Yes, I worked that out for myself. If you read the post I asked for anyone who had experience of similar.
0 -
I've only ever cancelled flights once, with Virgin Atlantic - it took 10 weeks to get the refund
Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the endQuidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur1 -
Well, bravo to JAL - refund arrived today - 3 business days.
0 -
Glad you got sorted.
I think the 2 months they state is just a timeframe for the longest it could take, but good that you got it quickly.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
