We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Worcester Bosch Boiler Guarantee
Comments
-
WB do only give a 5 year guarantee! There are conditions to getting a 7 or 10 year guarantee.
When our WB boiler went wrong 6 months after buying the house I rang WB and was told we were 3 days outside the 5 year G'tee! However they came and repaired free as a goodwill gesture.
To get a longer guarantee the installation must be by one of their registered installers, have a filter fitted etc.
0 -
Also the boiler has to be serviced by gas safe person and within the time of what is specified in the terms at the time of installation.
The original owner must also have had the boiler service annually but I think the OP said this was done.
0 -
Thank you. I will try and challenge them on this again but I don't hold out much hope.
0 -
Yes we've done everything we thought we would need to in order to honour the guarantee. The WB accredited engineer who serviced our boiler earlier this year even said it was still under guarantee.
0 -
I got the Costco special offer email last night and there was a WB boiler on offer and it stated 5 years warranty.
0 -
for info, my WB Greenstar boiler was out of the 7 year warranty and I had to replace the Heat Exchanger. Luckily this part had a 10 year warranty, as I was advised by the WB customer service advisor.
Mortgage free
Vocational freedom has arrived0 -
It goes to show people that WB have a lot of inconsistencies in their length of warranty cover and what is included after it.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
