We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Worcester Bosch Boiler Guarantee
Comments
-
They just said that it was an error and that it would be updated to show a 5 year guarantee. It hasn't been updated yet and I first raised this with them several months ago.
0 -
I agree with previous posters then - Boxt would be your next step. WB often have a standard guarantee, and then a longer one which kicks in if the boiler is installed and registered by an accredited supplier - seems like they're saying this didn't happen. Boxt (or the previous owner) should be able to confirm.
1 -
So I contacted Boxt and they stated it's only a 5 year warranty:
Worcester Bosch standard guarantees for the boiler you have is 5 years only. Any repairs will be chargeable.I would advise contacting Worcester Bosch again and escalating this with them.
Do I have any grounds for escalating this with Boxt or WB given it is their error, or would I need to go through a solicitor as suggested by Citizens Advice? If the latter, and the outcome may not be favourable, I expect it would probably be cheaper just to accept it and pay for the repairs.0 -
If you have definitive proof that it is a 10 year warranty then go after them.
As it's 2nd hand or not you that bought the installation it's a bit tricky.
Not sure if you could go after the person you bought the house from .
I would just get someone qualified to repair the boiler so you are set for winter and if WB do roll over and admit they were wrong then they can reimburse you.
1 -
The only proof is the warranty certificate but both WB and Boxt are now saying this is incorrect.
The previous owner advised it was 10 years at the time of purchase but I can't find anything in writing confirming and verifying this at the time we bought the property. I doubt the previous owner has any paperwork or correspondence we could use at this point so looks like we may just have to suck it up.
0 -
They are mucking you about. The WB website says that model has a 7 year guarantee (not 5):
Then you have the guarantee checker which has already told you it's a 10 year guarantee….
I think they need to explain where they are getting 5 years from, and why everything else points to a longer guarantee period.
0 -
But is the info you are on about now the same info/details for the boiler installation 5 years ago?
If you have this then let the OP know this as it could help them out.
0 -
I've pointed out my sources above - one is the WB website and the other is the OPs own experience with the WB guarantee checker. As I noted, that's two sources which both have different guarantee lengths but both would mean the boiler is still under guarantee now.
If WB/Boxt are saying the guarantee is 5 years, which contradicts their own website AND their own guarantee checker then it's down to them to justify that position.
0 -
Have you at point transferred (if you can) the warranty to yourself?
Life in the slow lane0 -
I have been looking at the t @ c on WB and it says warranty is transferable but on terms it mentions the warranty is only for the owner but is that the 1st owner or subsequent owners?
As with a lot of terms they mostly for the company and not the buyer.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards