We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Worcester Bosch Boiler Guarantee
We are currently in dispute with our boiler manufacturer (Worcester Bosch) regarding the guarantee on our boiler. When purchasing the property 3 years ago (2023) the previous owner advised the boiler had a 10 year warranty following the installation in 2021 (up to 2031) and we verified this by checking the boiler serial number on Worcester Bosch's own website which confirmed this - we have downloaded the guarantee certificate from their own website which states this date.
The warranty is maintained by having an annual boiler service by an approved engineer. We have had a service every year since moving into the property in order to maintain the warranty.
Following our boiler service earlier this year the engineer identified an issue which required a replacement part but stated because the boiler was still under warranty we should contact Worcester Bosch to resolve this rather than pay them to fix it. However upon contacting them, Worcester Bosch disputed the warranty stating they only offer 5 year warranties and that our warranty had expired earlier this year. This contradicts with the warranty we have been advised of and what is stated on their own website.
The issue is I do not know how to now escalate the dispute. I don't see how we can raise the dispute with the original installer (BOXT) as this contract was with the previous property owner. The boiler has not been supplied by an energy supplier so I also cannot see how we dispute this with Ofgem or the Energy Ombudsman. I have also contacted Citizens Advice who have stated we would need to contact a solicitor because we didn't pay for the original installation ourselves - this surely shouldn't be that difficult (and costly) to resolve when it is Worcester Bosch's own fault / error that has led to the problem. I believe they should honour the warranty as has previously been advised and as stated on their own guarantee certificate.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Comments
-
Have you shown WB your evidence? What did they say? What model of boiler is it?
0 -
I recently had a WB installed by BOXT.
You may wish to read this page, if you've not already.
Boxt registered the boiler with WB, so they would be my next port of call if I were you. They will of course have direct contacts with the manufacturers, and an ongoing relationship to maintain both ways.
On my Certificate of Registration (which is found in the Boxt app), I am not named. Just the installation address. Strongly suggests that it's the boiler covered and not the owner of the property where it was installed.
0 -
Yes, they're not interested. Just adamant that they don't offer 10 year warranties, that it's an error and they won't honour the date on the guarantee certificate.
0 -
WB guarantees are all over the place
www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/professional/2000boiler implies that you need a Bosch accredited installer to get 7 year warranty which is not true
0 -
Are their warranties transferable?
Life in the slow lane0 -
Thank you. I'll try this route next. I obviously have no existing account with BOXT as we didn't purchase the boiler originally but assuming it's registered their end perhaps they can help.
0 -
It's a Greenstar GR2300iW combi
0 -
And what did WB say about your guarantee certificate showing 10 years?
0 -
Try contacting boxt https://www.boxt.co.uk/contact-us
1 -
My BOXT boiler has a 10 year warranty and I think the service book mentions it also.
Mine was installed in 2021 but I do remember that some boilers only had 7 years warranty advertised online.
BOXT are part on WB I believe but as you weren't the original purchaser it maybe hard to get a correct answer or the deal with you
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
