We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Problems with new (ex-demo) MG4

1235»

Comments

  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 25,146 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper

    I don't think Eco setting makes much if any difference, and I crossed France this summer with no issues. 

    Depends on car.

    Old E-Niro it did, but you had the option in settings to turn HVAC to normal mode in ECO driving. New BYD has no such settings, but HVAC runs nice & cold on low temp in ECO driving mode.

    Life in the slow lane
  • paul_c123
    paul_c123 Posts: 1,162 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 8 September at 5:32PM

    I drove an MG EV4 today (hundreds of miles), and I can confirm the heating/ventilation system is an absolute dog's breakfast. It is incredibly weak. The temperatures vaguely relate to reality, ie if you put a higher number in, it will slowly, gradually, get a bit hotter. I ended up setting it to 27 deg C on the display. It wasn't 27, but it was the level I'd normally expect other cars when its set at 20-21.

    Also, the Apple Carplay doesn't work properly and its a hardware issue (says the dealer).

    The lane departure system tried to kill me 4 times, and almost killed a cyclist too, before I turned it off.

    The cruise control doesn't work properly either. And the stereo is absolutely pathetic, at its highest volume setting I can talk over it.

    When you spend a considerable amount less than an equivalent European/Japanese car, what do you expect? Same level of performance, everything to work properly???

    Also…..this made me laugh, in the dealership there is an "event" celebrating 100 years of MG. The current MG is NOT the true MG.

  • I would suspect that nobody at the dealership even knows what the original "MG" are initials for either.

  • Bandy2023
    Bandy2023 Posts: 125 Forumite
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper

    In my experience with an MG4, it stands for 'Mug's Game'

  • We really need to stop buying these Chinese branded cars. From what I’ve seen they are just garbage.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.