We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Sky Broadband new customer

2»

Comments

  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 1,643 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Nothing to do with Sky if it's coming through a 3rd party (Moneysavingsupermarket in this case).

  • Can anyone help please, I am moving into a new property next month, I wanted to sign up to sky through moneysupermarket the £22 a month with free £130 voucher offer, started doing the application and got to the card details but before no option to select start/activation date, or date to have box delivered to new home. I am worried if I do the payment there won't be an option to change dates and obviously don't want to start it or having box delivered if I haven't moved in yet. If anyone has signed up would be grateful if you could let me know if there is an option after payment. Thankyou

  • dales1
    dales1 Posts: 304 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    Yes, I signed up a few days ago and I have kept my screenshots and everything is easy and flexible.

    They said the Sky hub delivery is free and is up to 3 days before BB activation date.

    And, in the same screenshot, they said that the engineer will come to install on [specified date], but there's a box so you can change this date to what you like.

    This crew seem on the ball and flexible, so go for it, I would say.

  • @dales1 did you get option after the payment to put in the dates?

  • dales1
    dales1 Posts: 304 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    I made my payment and they set the installation date for about a week ahead (ie this Wednesday coming).

    You can alter this by logging into your Sky account.

    I logged in just now, and under My Orders is Manage My Visit.

    You can amend your visit date here.

    You cannot bring it forward, but you can postpone it. However it says if you do this on the visit date or the day before, you might be charged £25 on your next bill.

    So yes, it all looks good and flexible.

  • @dales1 thankyou for your help

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.