We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
AliExpress Return Issue
Comments
-
OK, so proof of receipt really then, from the two options mentioned (proof of receipt or proof of return).
1 -
They appear to be cheap tat with a few reviews to make them look like high end equipment.
The Amazon listing has the manufacturer as the vendor. It's not looking good1 -
It seems my bank ruled in my favour as now AliExpress are engaging with me and promising a refund if I cancel the chargeback and send the item for a refund. This sounds....sus to me and I won't do it as I have no incentive to trust them given they have promised me a refund countless times and not done it.
If I do win the dispute is it enough to message them and give them a 3 week window to pay for a return or I will dispose of it or is there a minimum length of time I have to keep it?
0 -
6 years I believe.
You are dealing with a Chinese company so who knows.
0 -
Firstly apologies for the weird quote, I can never remove a wrong quoted post on MSE if I pick the incorrect one!
What leads you to believe the bank has ruled in your favour- what have bank actually said ?
You are correct in that cancelling the claim won't help you at all, leave it open and wait for something 'official' from the bank which tells you exactly what they want you to do.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0 -
I saw some pending refunds and they just this second they emailed to confirm :)
0 -
Std practise on a chargeback for customer to get refund upfront, nothing to do with bank ruling in your favour 👍. AliExpess have 45 days to contest the chargeback. Do not withdraw chargeback (not that you can anyway).
Life in the slow lane0 -
I got an email today saying that Ali Express sent in evidence which was rejected. Not gonna lie there is a large part of me that feels a little satisfied by that given how many times they reneged on my evidence being enough. I will still follow the information from the credit card company though and leave it as is for now.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

