We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Auction property
Comments
-
XXI said
I was aware that it was being sold by the Modern Method of Auction and I was factoring in the fee to the total cost. Not sure why you feel I should have mentioned this at the outset. I did actually say in my original post that the property is non-mortgageable and has a 'high buyers fee'. My main concern was the lack of consents.
The main worry with the "Modern Method of Auction" is that the fee you pay is normally a non-refundable 'Reservation Fee'.
So if the sale doesn't happen, you don't get the fee back.
Perhaps the worst case is where the seller changes their mind about selling, and therefore messes you about until you give up and go away - and you lose your reservation fee.
You might also drop out because you find out that the seller hid important information from you, your solicitor finds legal problems, etc.
3 -
When you see the internal photographs you'll see all the 🚩.
If I've found the right one then the exposed beams look lovely, but if they are the real roof rafters then where is the insulation? Also (but I don't know the rules in Scotland) having 'structure' exposed like that in a 3-storey building containing flats would be a concern to me. There's no fire protection to the structure (if it is the real structure).
3 -
The EPC gives it 4 stars for having "walls" which are "timber framed with insulation". What walls? The only structure above the floor is the roof (which the EPC optimistically describes as "insulated").
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
