We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How many regular savers do you have? - The League Table

1…111213141517»

Comments

  • happybagger
    happybagger Posts: 1,407
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    A few maturities and a handful culled, leaving:

    28 RS accounts, £7600 p/m, Average 5.81%, typically for new accounts not fussed under 5.4%

  • clairec666
    clairec666 Posts: 1,518
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Can't remember when I last updated, but it seems my figures haven't changed - still on 22.

    I've got two maturing this month (Hanley and West Brom) and three next month (Principality, Zopa, Furness), and none of them are currently offering an adequate replacement. Hopefully something will come along to take their place - we'll see if Principality have a Christmas offering this year.

  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,964
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 9 October at 8:36AM

    My current regular savers:

    • Lloyds 8% £250 p/m
    • Zopa 7.1% £300 p/m
    • First Direct 7% £300 p/m
    • Chase 6.5% £300 p/m
    • NatWest 5.25% £150 p/m

    So 5 in total, average rate of 6.77%

    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

    Save £12k in 2025 - #024 £1,450 / £15,000 (9%)
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 5,497
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 9 October at 9:20AM

    Unless you've only opened all those this month, and therefore only have those amounts stated in them, 6.77% won't be your average rate (even then the average wouldn't be 6.77%, as each account would have a different amount in it. The way you've worked it out, 6.77% would only be the average if every account had the same amount of money in it).

    You need to work out your average rate by totalling the amounts in each account

    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,964
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 9 October at 10:30AM

    Gotcha. Therefore, I think my weighted average rate is 6.1%.

    Largest balance is in NatWest by quite a margin, so thats dragging it down..

    I guess my min rate would be 6% to open another RS..

    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

    Save £12k in 2025 - #024 £1,450 / £15,000 (9%)
  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 1,258
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite

    @george4064 Welcome to the RS League Table… happy to receive your contribution to the stats 😀

    I've put your updated figures in the table (after @surreysaver calculation tip) and they will appear in the next update at the beginning of November.

  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 1,258
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite

    @clairec666

    My Oct/Nov maturities closely resemble yours! I'm also head-scratching for replacements.

    Related to the above, I've noticed Earl Shilton's online RS applications have been "paused" for approx 50 days … strange definition of "shortly" in their announcement of …

    "We expect applications to reopen shortly and thank you for your patience and understanding."

  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 4,600
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Mine also, except I was silly and jumped on Principality on launch day even though I had already opened Hanley and sent off for Scottish. No Zopa for me.

    I believe we won’t have access to West Brom funds until November, so there is enough (with Furness) maturing then but not too much.

    Next October I am covered because Melton (Adcock maturing 30/9/27) funds did not land early enough for them to be used that month, and the interest that I sent to Scottish RS ended up treated as October’s deposit. Tipton Save and Grow will be November. End of November is not looking good yet but I do have the Suffolk 5% fixed issue as it allows early closure.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.