We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Air India Short Connection and Possible Missing Flight

2»

Comments

  • Humphreyshalfmoon
    Humphreyshalfmoon Posts: 4,982 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    You should get food and accommodation according to the law, but this is Air India…..

  • camsadge
    camsadge Posts: 26 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper

    Following on from this.

    I have now been told by Air India my flight has been changed to depart at 13:15 on the 24th instead of 20:35.

    Am I entitled to a refund as this departure time doesn't work for me.

  • Humphreyshalfmoon
    Humphreyshalfmoon Posts: 4,982 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    It appears they are making a lot pf flight changes between June and August. They claim the notification will include your options of accepting the change, changing the date or cancellation with a refund if the route no longer operates. Does your notification make any offers at all, it may not do knowing the airline and if it doesn't the best thing to do is phone their London office and ask. They tend to be a law unto themselves

  • camsadge
    camsadge Posts: 26 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper

    It offers the change to an earlier flight in the day. Leaving 7 hours earlier which I can not make.

    Even a refund I will be happy with as I can book a comparable flight now with Air China.

  • camsadge
    camsadge Posts: 26 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper

    After a few messages on whatsapp they have agreed to refund my ticket price and I have booked with Air China for £100 less. I have had email confirming I'll have my refund in 4-5 weeks.

  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,915 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Glad you got it sorted! Enjoy your trip.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.