We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
AA Car Insurance
So, Iv'e been withh AA car insurance for the last 2 years as they have been the cheapest, my automatic renewal notice came through at £326 with £500 excesses (some £75 more than last year.)
I decided to cancel the auto renewal on line but the hoops to jump through on line were just so frustrating I gave up (even though I consider I'm reasonably computer savvy at 75yo) and phoned them to get them to do it, got the usual phone delays and complicated messages before being able to speak to a human.
After saying I was cancelling we got into the conversation and after some 25 minutes came to an agreement that my insurance would be upgraded from Gold to Platinum at a cost of £199 and £200 excess.
Funny old world aint it😊
Comments
-
Hi @ukoldgit and welcome to MSE
It would be worth you reading the main site article discussing UK Breakdown Cover. You may find it even cheaper :)
Cheap Breakdown Cover UK – Car & Roadside Assistance | MSEI am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0 -
The OP is discussing Motor Insurance, specifically AA's Gold & Platinum levels of cover.
Neither of these include breakdown cover, so not sure of what relevance the linked article would be?
Good deal-haggling from OP tho'.
0 -
Apologies, replied to the wrong post :)
I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

