We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Smart Parking Notice to Keeper

Hi,

I received this after parking in a restaurant car park where I was a patron. There is space for photos but no photos shown. Do I ignore it until i get a letter of claim? Or should I speak to the restaurant and appeal directly to smart parking? I didn’t pick up the letter until last week so missed the 28 days anyway.

Thanks. Great forum, massively helpful.

Hannah

«1

Comments

  • MummaBear2
    MummaBear2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    IMG_9616.jpeg

    Forgot to attach photo in original post - sorry!

  • MummaBear2
    MummaBear2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Thanks for the support and advice. I’m a local at the restaurant and go there all the time so I’ll pop in and see what they can do.

    Thank you for the heads up on the 2nd image have reported it for removal

    I am registered keeper. What is the best thing to say to the restaurant as defence?

    Will have a look at the recommended threads now

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,304 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 11 May at 4:32PM

    Study the successful complaints thread linked in the newbies sticky thread in announcements its a COMPLAINT, as a valid customer, not a defence

  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 27,201 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 11 May at 4:33PM

    You are not defending yourself to the restaurant, you are complaining! Write it from the heart. You cannot afford to eat there if every meal comes with a £170 surcharge! I know it is £100 on the NTK/PCN but once they have added their fake "debt recovery fee" it will be £170

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,973 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    The PCN is dated March. Have you had it two months?

    You'll never have to pay it BTW.

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MummaBear2
    MummaBear2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Got it. Thanks everyone. Channelling ‘Complaint’ not ‘Defence’ vibes. I attend the cafe regularly so I will see if there is something they can do. I had a 24 week old baby at the time so bit all over the place in this season of life.

    @Coupon-mad I live on a site which has a central office reception where the mail gets delivered to. Due to aforementioned chaos of new motherhood I may or may not have neglected to collect my post for a bit… ahem…

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,973 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 12 May at 1:58PM

    I get it. I'm a mum who had 4 kids within 7 years back in the nineties!

    The Equality Act 2010 covers nursing mums unfairly penalised for breastfeeding a baby under 6 months. Mention that if relevant.

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.