We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Smart Parking Notice to Keeper
Comments
-
Quick question before I head to the cafe this week.
Advice seems to be not to disclose the driver of the vehicle to the parking company if you are the registered keeper. By going into the cafe and asking them to intervene am I risking disclosing myself as the driver (as opposed to just the registered keeper)?
0 -
No because you are obviously not saying you were!
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD3 -
Use the royal WE if you can, you are complaining about the pcn that arrived in the post with your name on it ( so as keeper. )
4 -
The cafe have said the car park isn’t owned by them and there’s nothing they can do. I may follow-up with an email to the manager just in case it helps, but I suspect not.
I’ve had a letter from Debt Recovery Plus to say they have been instructed to recover the debt.
Next steps? Wait for a letter of claim then follow the usual procedure from there? I do not intend to pay, just not sure what is the best point to contest.
Thank you 🙏
1 -
Correct, ignore the powerless debt collectors letters, DRP won't be recovering a penny from you, not ever
You will probably receive an LoC followed by a Money Claim, eventually
Then you use the defence template in announcements
3 -
Thre DR Plus and DCB Legal £170 threatograms that you will receive next, are both shown in pictures in post 4 of the NEWBIES thread.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD3 -
I will keep a close eye on my post! I used the advice on this forum to go up against DCB legal on a prior occasion and they discontinued 24hrs before the case was due to be heard at court. I hope this one doesn’t go so close to the wire it was quite stressful 😆🙈
3
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

