We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
buyers casually asking for immmediate dispatch after purchase...
Comments
-
Prime is Amazon's own delivery scheme, though they also use the Royal Mail and other couriers to supplement their own vans I think. A company with a warehouse which markets on quick delivery shouldn't be compared to private marketplaces where people are working alone/in very small groups.
0 -
I don't think the OP is comparing Amazon Prime's own delivery scheme to private eBay/Vinted buyers.
In fact, they were explicitly talking about eBay as they mentioned 'simple delivery'.
It's the eBay/Vinted buyers who seem to think that private eBay/Vinted sellers are sat waiting for someone to buy their items and that they will package it up within minutes and dash out to drop it off with the courier.
1 -
What do Vinted's guidelines have to say on this? What's their policy on vexatious complaints, or do they not recognise these can be a thing?
0 -
I'm not sure any buyer has actually complained.
As I said earlier, the OP was specifically talking about eBay, so I'm not sure what Vinted policy has to do with this.
And it was really a vent about how some buyers feel it's OK to casually ask for a just-bought item to be immediately despatched.
If a buyer did complain about a purchase not being despatched immediately, I'd expect eBay to refer them to the seller's despatch terms (discussed up-thread) or Vinted terms which appear once a purchase has been made.
It says something like 'the seller has to post it to you by xx'.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards