We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
buyers casually asking for immmediate dispatch after purchase...
I get this occasionally, I see the note left at checkout "please post asap" etc..
today I saw the sale notification whilst at work so I knew it had sold, but upon returning home from work I see they left a note at checkout, "please post today"
so now instead of finding the item, putting it in a box, and creating a label straight away so it will go out in the post tomorrow moring 9AM, I've sent the buyer a message along the lines of:
"I've just got your message now 6pm, I can't post it today I've only just seen the message you left, would it be ok if I post it tomorrow morning or should I canel the order?
and now i'm doing nothig about it untill they respond as I don''t want to waste my time and get it returned for being too slow.
So if anything, their message has just delayed the process, and frustrated me😫
I blame the Amazon prime culture for this, buyers seem to expect instant response and rapid delivery, even though my ebay dispatch tiems are 2 working days
Comments
-
If it were me I'd pack it up and be ready in case they say they are happy for it to be posted tomorrow and it will save you rushing round later tonight or in the morning. If they don't want it and want to cancel the sale then just put the item away in its packaging with a label saying what it is ready for it to sell next time.
Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time1 -
Is this simple delivery?
0 -
Yes simple delivery. I got a respose they said of course it would be ok to post today
0 -
I've had this several times in recent weeks.
I find it annoying - and presumptuous, as if selling items is my main priority in life (it isn't).
4 -
And even if it were your main priority, it still wouldn't mean you were automatically capable of posting immediately for every single sale!
1 -
I had a 'please post today' and when I contacted them (same reason - it was too late I would be posting the following day) they said they always put that and it didn't matter.
I mean - why bother? 🤔. I wonder if it was the same person 😂
0 -
I agree, it's annoying, unecessary and entitled.
Generally I post things as quickly as I can and within the advertised leadtime, so I tend to just ignore notes and comments like that.
They're almost as good as the <insert sob story here> what's the best price you can do.
0 -
It's the way buyers communicate rather than the message that ignores me. I had someone last week, contact me the day after purchase with just the line "why haven't you posted my item yet".
No polite note asking when it will be despatched just an aggressive, entitled me me me line.
For reference I have a 5 day lead time for posting although I was posting next day after purchase for this item.
2 -
I had someone haggle me down from £5 to £4 and then ask if I could post today because they need it by Thursday.
No one should be buying on Vinted if they have any sort of timeline to receive the goods.
I ordered a pair of running shorts last week, I'm not expecting them for a while. But I knew that (and coincidentally I've just had a message saying they're at my InPost locker!)
Vinted is a low cost jumble sale where items take 7-10 days to arrive, eBay is similar. If you want quick delivery go to your local shop and buy the hoodie, you'll have it on the same day (but it'll cost you)
As of 24/11/2020
Mort: - £98,200
CCds: - £1,568.18
Loan: - £0
Savings: - £3,500.000 -
"Ebay is similar".
I disagree.
When you list an item on eBay, you can choose from these dispatch options:
Same working day
1 working day
2 working days
3 working days
I think the default may be 'post in 2 days' but I change that to 3 days.
But I generally post the day after the buyer pays anyway.
As for being a 'jumble sale', I agree that some items on both platforms are low priced and probably worth less than that but there are some very good bargains to be had.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
