We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

buyers casually asking for immmediate dispatch after purchase...

2

Comments

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,494 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    on Vinted sellers must despatch within 5 working days days , so if you bought for instance in a Saturday the seller actually has the best part of 9 days to post. If I buy in Vinted I always allow a couple of weeks to get my item , and am pleasant,y surprised when it turns up a lot quicker, but on eBay I’m getting itchy after a week if there’s no sign of it.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 36,583 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!

    I disagreed with what the poster I quoted said about eBay.

    As I don't sell on Vinted, I'm not sure about their dispatch deadlines - but they do seem to give the seller a lot of time.

    Much more than the maximum 3 days on eBay.

  • goodfella66
    goodfella66 Posts: 438 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper

    Ebay allow more then 3 days. I have mine set for 5 days, mainly to filter out the impatient people who presume you are sitting around doing nothing and ready to jump to attention as soon as they order something.

    In fact, Ebay despatch times go up in increments to 30 days (presumably for made to order items). I'm talking as a business seller, not sure if personal is the same.

  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 36,583 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    edited 12 May at 8:16AM

    I'm a private seller on eBay.

    The maximum I can see is 3 working days so maybe the seller status does make a difference.

    I posted this up-thread:

    When you list an item on eBay, you can choose from these dispatch options:

    Same working day

    1 working day

    2 working days

    3 working days

    So - as far as I can see, eBay is not 'the same as Vinted'.

  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,802 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Are the one, two and three days that you quote referring to the postal services available, rather than the despatch times?

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,494 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    It's not easy to find as you need to set up a new 'option' in preferences, but a dispatch time of up to 40 days can be set on ebay. As you say though they recommend 1 day and no more than 3.

    Delivery date options for buyers | eBay

    • Dispatch time – Sellers set their dispatch time based on how long it takes them to package the item and prepare it for posting. This can range from the same business day, to up to 40 business days from when they receive payment
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • B0bbyEwing
    B0bbyEwing Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

    From reading the OPs OP, something tells me that they will most certainly not be "rushing round" at all.

    The way I see these things -

    Prime - I expect it tomorrow or the next day at the latest.

    Everything else - it turns up when it turns up although anything longer than 7 days & I'm asking questions - such as could you tell me when it was posted or do you have any tracking info. Unless it's coming from abroad.

    🤐🤐🤐

  • FFHillbilly
    FFHillbilly Posts: 577 Forumite
    500 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper

    .you'd be right I was not going to be rushing around after them!

    had another annoying message this week, and item that sold on saturday, posted monday afternoon, had a message on tuesday asking when it would arrive. when I clicked on the tracking details it showed all the info, label created Saturday, accepted at parcelshop Monday, at sorting depot Tuesday etc.

    I noticed below the message it says:

    "Your buyer has reached out about their order. Since you used Simple Delivery, we'll work with your buyer directly on any delivery related questions."

    does that mean I don't have to reply to them or what? because I didn't bother, I just dont have time for that. whats the point of tracking if you still get mithered with pointless questions like that?

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,494 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I still reply, it only takes a few seconds. I usually just say something vague like ‘ if you keep an eye on the tracking details it will show you where your item is ‘, a sort of non answer, but at least it looks like I bothered.

    Any actual issues about delays or non receipt will be handled by eBay, but I personally feel it doesn’t mean a short reply from the seller isn’t warranted.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.