We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Euro Parking Services - Parking Charge Notice
Comments
-
It’s not even a charge, it’s a punishment, what justifiable reason do they have for charging £100 for 1 minute 55 seconds of parking? Why don’t they charge £10,000 or even £1,000,000? It’s total BS and it can go to court for all I care, there’s no way I’m paying them a penny until a judge says so then I guess I’ll have to pay more but that’s the way I’d prefer it to happen.
2 -
We are totally with you and you may as well ignore it as there's no fair appeal.
Tell them if you move house, of course.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD1 -
Thank you ! I will do just that, and wait for a court claim from them, after reading the Newbies thread and previous threads regarding “Euro Parking Services” it’s apparent that appealing to the IAS is a waste of time.
3 -
Received this letter in the post today threatening court action, just keeping the thread updated. Thanks.
1 -
It's just a reminder, current advice you have received is still, well, current
2 -
Hello I am now being threatened with court action and having my case being taken over by Euro Parking Services’ solicitors.
They have also asked me to either pay the full £160 fine OR write to them within 14 days acknowledging receipt of the letter with a full written response. Not sure what they expect me to tell them other than I am guessing they want to know who was driving, I saw on a previous post that Euro Parking Services do action these tickets in court and a member on here has ended up paying £200 after all was said and done, which doesn’t fill me with confidence.
The post I read is here:
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6657022/judge-ruled-against-me-euro-parking-services-gladstone-birmingham-coach-stationHowever they did tell the parking company who the driver was.
Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you all! :)
0 -
Personally, I'd go against the usual tactic as Gladstones filing rubbish particulars here won't be much help here IMO.
I'd demand they provide evidence under the Pre-Action protocols, namely a copy of the precise contract they allege exists between the two parties, what breach they allege and what photographic evidence they possess that the alleged breach occurred. Also ask for a redacted copy of the landowner agreement. State they haven't complied with the PAPs as they claim as their entire claim is based upon contract law but they have not supplied a copy of the contract they rely upon - a key document under the Protocols.4 -
Hello and thank you for your reply, here is how I will word my reply:
To send via email to the DPO of EPS:Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to you in relation to PCN *******, my name is ******* and I am the registered keeper of vehicle (reg) *******. I have received a letter from yourselves threatening court action over an alleged breach of contract between myself and your company, in response to this allegation and under the pre action protocols, I would request that you please provide me with the following:
• The precise contract which you allege exists between the driver and yourselves.• A breakdown of the breaches of said contract you allege to have occurred.
• Any photographic evidence you possess to show that the breach occurred.
• A copy of the landowner agreement.
At present your company is not in compliance with the pre action protocols as you claim due to the fact that your entire claim is based upon contract law yet you have not supplied any such contract upon which you rely - a key document under the protocols.
I await your response.
Yours faithfully,
*****
I have also been to the site to take pictures of the area, there is a sign at the front of the forecourt as you enter but as you pull onto the forecourt your focus is on not hitting any pedestrians, not hitting any other vehicles doing manoeuvres on the forecourt etc, it’s easy to miss the black and white sign on the pole at the front of the forecourt, the sign is in black and white and not associated or related to any drive-related parking signage such as a blue ‘P’ a driver would quickly recognise, or the existence of an ‘Amber’ camera sign to indicate ANPR surveillance, such a sign does not even exist at the site so this site consists of what appears to be a secretive surveillance operation. Moreover, the parking conditions sign itself is on a fence next to the parking bay, once you have parked you have parked underneath the sign and it is perpendicular to the drivers position, also easy to miss.
Below are the ANPR/CCTV images which appear of the driver which are available on the ‘pay your PCN’ section on the EPS website:0 -
We've seen that place before in another EPS case last year.
Have to say I have no idea why a driver would park there to use a different shop off the forecourt; I would literally never use private land like that because there are bound to be cameras and signs.
But you are where you are with it now!
This is a good point because covert surveillance is illegal:
"
on the forecourt etc, it’s easy to miss the black and white sign on the pole at the front of the forecourt, the sign is in black and white and not associated or related to any drive-related parking signage such as a blue ‘P’ a driver would quickly recognise, orthe existence of a … camera sign to indicate ANPR surveillance, such a sign does not even exist at the site so this site consists of what appears to be a secretive surveillance operation."The fact parking firms are doing this and issuing PCNs in one minute flat to people who have no idea they are being filmed (or for what purpose) is a national disgrace, and in breach of the DPA 2018 and the Surveillance Camera Code of Practice.
I reckon you should send a completely different formal data abuse complaint to the DPO of EPS on the above basis instead.
Then come back here when you get their reply because I'd like to help someone run one of these 'covert surveillance' complaints past the ICO.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD3 -
I reckon you should send a completely different formal data abuse complaint to the DPO of EPS on the above basis instead.
Thanks for your reply Coupon_Mad, is there some sort of template available for a ‘data abuse complaint’ on this website? I’m not too knowledgeable on this subject and wouldn’t like to create one alone and muck the whole process up. Hope you can help, thank you again.
P.S. I did find the following template online after doing some digging:
Data Breach & Unlawful Processing Letter Template[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[Your Postcode][Date]
[Name of Parking Company]
[Company Address]
[Company Postcode]RE: Notice of Unlawful Data Processing and Intent to Claim Damages – PCN Ref: [Insert PCN Reference Number]
Dear Sirs,
I am writing to you in my capacity as the registered keeper/owner of the vehicle with registration [Insert Registration Number].It has come to my attention that you are processing my personal data in connection with the above-referenced Parking Charge Notice. I formally deny any liability and withdraw my consent for you to process any data relating to me or this vehicle. [1]Furthermore, I contend that you have obtained and processed my data unlawfully for the following reasons:
[Delete/Amend as applicable] You obtained my data from the DVLA without "reasonable cause" on [Insert Date], as the parking charge was unfairly or improperly issued.
[Delete/Amend as applicable] You have shared or exposed my personal details (including vehicle data and address) to third-party debt collectors/solicitors without my explicit consent and despite this dispute.
Your aggressive business practices, unwarranted threats of court, and continuous, unlawful processing of my data have caused me significant distress. [1]Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR, I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal for a sum not less than £250 (and potentially up to £750 for distress) for this breach of data principles. [1, 2]I require you to respond to this Section 10 Notice under the Data Protection Act within 21 days, confirming whether you will cease processing my data and remove my details from your database. [1]Should you continue to process my personal data or pass my details to third parties, I will escalate a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and the DVLA. [1, 2]
Yours faithfully,
[Your Signature]
[Your Printed Name]
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards









