We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Issues confirming ID with Trading 212
Comments
-
Except this wasn't a random QR code. It was the legitimate code on their website I just didn't have a built in scanner on my phone and accidentally clicked an ad on the third party scanner. Maybe read the post carefully before trying to be a smartass.
1 -
Not at all obvious that you used a third party app that led to the ambulance chasers, I read it as you thinking a code from Trading 212 led you there and I know that didn't happen.
Any smartphone from the last 10 years will translate QR codes natively without the need for another app.
Maybe the thread title ought to read "Problem with Spam Link on QR Reader app" and get it moved to another section - it's nothing to do with Trading 212, ID Confirmation, Savings or Investments.
3 -
"I just keep being directed to these solicitors when I get to the QR code. I am using a third party QR scanner as there isnt one built in to my phone but have never had issues using it previously"
Seems fairly clear to me. I found the whole process of signing up with them so infuriating that I eventually gave up and went elsewhere and was up and running within 5 minutes.
1 -
In your own words: "It was the legitimate code on their website I just didn't have a built in scanner on my phone and accidentally clicked an ad on the third party scanner".
So it is not Trading212's fault. Several of your posts have the appearance of blaming them. The blame for this issue should be directed elsewhere.
0 -
I think it's quite clear OP's first post highlighted their initial concern about Trading212. Following responses from other posts and further investigation, OP has now determined the issue was with an advert on the 3rd party QR code app they were using and that they might have clicked on that rather than the intended QR link. This (presumably) resolves any suggestion by OP that the issue lies with Trading212.
It is rare for OPs to actually listen to advice given and admit their mistakes. Not quite sure why OP then deserved the patronising and argumentative follow-up.
1 -
The most recent post by the OP appears to double down on the suggestion that T212 is somehow to blame for the OP's difficulties. Whether that was the intention or not.
0 -
If even one person reads this and avoids the same mistake I did then the thread will have done it's job.
2 -
Amen to that.
1 -
It's certainly reinforced for me the need to be very suspicious of third party QR code scanning apps, and the like.
3 -
The name on your bank account doesn't match the name T212 knows you by?
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

