We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Sky TV New channels for Essentials package
Comments
-
That's the same message via email I got. If you subscribe to Cinema you may have got the new Disney channel 305 today.
0 -
No it's about the App.
0 -
I am on Sky Q with Signature and today, I discovered that Sky have added Disney + albeit yesterday
I was not told that it had been added - No email - I just discovered by luck
Anyone else not been told ?
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0 -
I've also got Sky Q with Signature, and I got an email back on 11 Feb, subject "Coming to your subscription this March…", which said "Good news. From March, Disney+, HBO Max and Hayu will all be included in your subscription." and "We’ll be in touch when each one becomes available, with simple steps on how to activate them.".
No email yesterday or today, but when I turned on my TV yesterday, and the Sky Q home page came up, there was a pretty large panel shouting about Disney+ now being included. And I had already read about it elsewhere online.
But they don't seem to have kept their "We’ll be in touch" promise, yet.0 -
I got an email around the 20th of Feb which included the annual price increases, but they've been pushing it in various places.
Edit: you've posted about it on here previously in fact…
1 -
And today I have now received an email from Sky with the subject "Disney+ is now part of your Sky TV subscription" which explains how to activate it.
I guess Sky wanted to leave it a day or two after they first made it available to be sure everything was working before they emailed people.0 -
I've signed up yesterday using my existing Disney+ log in. I've had 3 or 4 emails from Disney confirming that my paid sub is suspended but still haven't had anything from Sky other than the first email and on the Sky Q home screen.
0 -
Got the same email this morning myself, of course I've already activated it when it finally launched and have confirmation from Sky & Disney but hey ho…
1 -
I wonder if the fact that I haven't signed up for Disney+ via Sky, whereas you have, makes a difference to whether they send the most recent email.
I'm already getting Disney+ Standard with Ads from Lloyds, so I haven't bothered doing anything through Sky yet.
Either that or they are sending the "Disney+ is now part of your Sky TV subscription" emails in batches.0 -
Ah - that rules out my signing up or not making a difference to the emails theory.
So I guess the emails are being sent in batches. Or there's some other explanation why some people have received them and others not (yet).0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


