We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

BT/EE

2»

Comments

  • Yes, I agree it really is a mess. In the last 3 weeks I've spoken to all sort of people all over the country, all very helpful but it's taken weeks to get back to a stable position, and I'm still sorting out the bills and compensation for the chaos. My broadband switch to high speed fibre didn't work. I've written about this elsewhere but in summary the solution was to close my BT broadband account and open a new EE account. I was told this would take up to 2 weeks to set up, so I opted for a 30day rolling WiFi contract on a mini-hub.

    Same company (allegedly), but I had to undergo what turned out to be a hard credit check. My spotless BT account was worth nothing in terms of verifying my credit worthiness. A week later I'm told I can either stay on that wifi 'contract' (which is more expensive than an EE broadband account) or change to EE broadband. It turns out that all this requires is for a new hub/router to be posted out to me i.e. no engineer visit. Which of course could have been done the day after the BT broadband became broken.

    The EE hub arrived the next day and it worked. The catches (always in BT/EE favour) were a) another EE hard credit check b) a new 24 month contract. I've been told that the end date for my original BT account will be 'honoured' if I chose to switch away from EE then, but to be frank that's as (un)believable as everything else I have been told.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.