We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Moneybox pushed me over my ISA limit for the year

Hey folks.

I have a Moneybox cash ISA that I transferred funds into, but have made no deposits into this tax year as I have already paid £20K into a Trading 212 stocks and shares ISA. A few days ago I got an email from Moneybox saying that they'd just paid £20 into my account as a "reward" - not something I asked for or gave permission for!

I have contacted them to ask them to remove it but I expect it's going to be painful to unpick. They claim that I did not tell them that I'd used my allowance elsewhere, but I don't remember being asked that at any point, nor do I immediately see anywhere to input that information into their app.

Anyway, I thought it was worth posting here in case other people are similarly affected and perhaps didn't spot the email or the consequences of the extra deposit.

«1

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.