We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Delivery of a newly purchased car.

Glenw00d
Glenw00d Posts: 7
Name Dropper First Post
Forumite

Hi there all

I have recently purchased a 2nd hand car from a dealer in London. I paid £200 to have it delivered which i was satisfied with.

However, when they turned up, they had driven it down to me. I live in Hastings..a good 60 miles away. When I checked the mileage from the point of sale there is 104 miles difference. Now, I'm not happy with the car for various reasons.. but this has really annoyed me.

The delivery man even asked us which direction was the nearest train station was to go back!. Surely this isn't right…. I feel conned. Am I justified?

«13

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.