We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Why Do Ebay Sellers Tell Outright Lies ?
Comments
-
It's probably best to message seller beforehand and indicate your preference for how fast and which courier will be used. Business sellers can use whatever is cost efficient on the day.
0 -
What is the point in querying, the item is on its way. Delivery window was last Thurs - Fri.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
So it's now overdue? You've paid for a service which you haven't received. Report it as INR and the seller might be more careful in future.
0 -
They can but they should reap what they sow. Almost all my sales are large letter size and if someone pays for first class and I send it second class I would expect to hear about it.
1 -
I remember the last Ebay / Evri parcel I had sat at the delivery depot for 3 days midweek.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
I don't think anyone would notice nowadays; whatever service you pick, it probably won't arrive in its estimated time. Royal Mail prefers junk mail to letters more money in it.
0 -
If you read the posts you'll find the item that was sent by royal mail arrived on time, the one which was falsely represented didn't. Which proves they were right to favour sellers who use royal mail tracked 48 (and suggests sellers will gain an advantage by saying they do.)
0 -
Item arrived this morning so did the repair job I had hoped to do over the weekend this afternoon.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
I might be in the same boat. Ordered a part on Monday eve (royal mail 2nd class), now got an email from yodel to say they have my parcel (that's nice for them - I was hoping to have it)
0 -
Update on that, had email today to say parcel was delivered to an 'outbuilding'. A bit suspicious as I don't have any outbuildings. OH checked around front and back, nothing. Checked delivery photo and parcel is shown leaning against an unidentifiable brick wall. After about half an hour find it shoved behind a tub. Have contacted seller to advise I will be leaving feedback as I don't believe 'royal mail 2nd class' would have done this. See what response I get.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

