We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Confusion about parking in a disabled parking bay?
Comments
-
That's DIY. The letters are the wrong shape, size, wrongly positioned, wrongly spaced… and simply wobbly. Also, the lines are the wrong length and I suspect the bay is the wrong size.
It's also comically bad parking… You'd think somebody with a genuine requirement for a blue badge would understand why parking on the pavement was a bad idea.2 -
"You'd think somebody with a genuine requirement for a blue badge would understand why parking on the pavement was a bad idea."
Particularly if someone in a wheelchair or with a Guidedog had to navigate past.
1 -
Certain areas allow a disabled person to have a personalised permit bay, this bay won't be marked as disabled, it will be marked as Permit holder XXXXX only.
Let's Be Careful Out There0 -
That's not a DIY disabled bay. It's typical of the ones put in by the council in the area I live in. They are completely unenforceable as a disabled parking bay, and seem to be pretty much down to people being willing not to park there so the disabled occupier of the property can. They tend to appear in areas with difficult parking, mostly terraced streets from what I've seen.
At our old house, we got a letter from the council saying a neighbour had asked for one. I objected on the grounds that the disabled person who lived there only ever left the house when an ambulance came to take them to hospital appointments, and the ambulance just stopped in the middle of the road whether there was space to park or not. The driver just wanted their own parking space on a street that was nigh on impossible to park on after 5pm.
1 -
That's not a DIY disabled bay.
Are you sure? The lines on the right are wonky/out of line. It’s a pretty poor job if it’s official.
1 -
I'm not sure they are that wonky are they? You might be right. Maybe a poor copy attempt but on first glance it looks similar to what I've seen round here. Bad day for the line painting operative perhaps.
0 -
-
Having just come back from a walk and seen some of the 'road repairs' by my local council, I'd say it looks reasonably professional 😉
2 -
Haha! Fair point.
1 -
I have a Blue Badge. I can walk a short distance without issues-but I will be limping badly on the way back. For anything further than a few metres I use crutches or a rollator. For longer distances I use a wheelchair. You probably wouldn’t think there was anything wrong with me as I nip around the supermarket, but without the trolley to lean on it would be a very different experience which leaves me in pain for days at a time.
2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


