We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread

1…342343345347348…624

Comments

  • Rob_Wills
    Rob_Wills Posts: 94 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Moneyfacts are showing Lloyds and Bank of Scotland offering 8% on a Regular Saver Fixed Rate Bond (change to "Rate" order in the link) - https://moneyfactscompare.co.uk/savings-accounts/regular-savings-accounts - BUT I can't find it on the banks websites AND yesterday, speaking with Lloyds, they have denied the accounts exist?

    Rob
  • MaxBlax
    MaxBlax Posts: 55 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper

    https://www.lloydsbank.com/savings/club-lloyds-monthly-saver.html

    https://www.lloydsbank.com/savings/monthly-saver.html

    https://www.bankofscotland.co.uk/savings/accounts/monthly-saver.html

  • huw01
    huw01 Posts: 514 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Halifax

    Just renewed my existing regular saver into an everyday saver and managed to open a new regular saver at 8% are logging out and back in again. Funded the first month from the matured proceeds in the everyday saver. All ok

    Lloyds

    I don't have a current account with Lloyds as I used it to switch some time ago, I don't have any active account with them but I still have my online login details. I have just opened a club regular saver at 8% and funded the first month from the matured proceeds in the Halifax everyday saver.

    Bank of Scotland

    I have an existing regular saver that is around three months old. I'm guessing from previous responses that I can't renew and do the same as Halifax, although there is a renew button in BoS internet banking

  • steven141
    steven141 Posts: 530 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    Were your regular savers for Lloyds maturing or were they recent ones? The website says you can't open another within 12 months so curious about this.

  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,569 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Can I ask, please, what about if the Club Lloyds is due to mature in 45 days' time (as is the case with OH's), so not too much time to lose on the old one if renewed now? Mine isn't due to mature until Feb though.

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,346 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    I've had 3 or 4 iterations of the BoS RS and never had a current account with them, do have Lloyds/Halifax current accounts and a BoS login profile.

  • MaxBlax
    MaxBlax Posts: 55 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper

    I have tried several times this morning to renew my Bank of Scotland Monthly Saver and the following is the response I received each time

    image.png
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.