We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Avoid non sterling transaction fee
Comments
-
tartopom said:
I have something called the 'classic' which charges 3% unless I pay £7 a week, and I can only do this it for 6 weeks a year so pointless. I havn't checked what the admission criteria for the premium accounts like club, gold etc but suspect i either don't meet them or they would charge a monthly fee.Barkin said:
Which Lloyds current account? The Club Lloyds account has no fx fees.tartopom said:I have Natwest and Lloyd's current accounts (the latter opened only a year or two ago) neither of which require a smartphone even if they do try to shove their app down your throat.
There's a monthly charge, but it's refunded if you pay in £2000 per month, which doesn't have to stay there - a quick in & out is enough to have the monthly fee waived.
The "admission criteria" is that you agree to pay the £5 monthly fee, but this is waived if you pay £2000 per month into the account.
So eg if you've a regular payment - salary, pension etc - going in that's less than £2k, you could make up the difference from elsewhere then take it straight out again.
I thought that Club Lloyds might suit, as you could probably convert your existing Lloyds account without a hard credit check.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards