We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Will car start after 11 weeks standing
Comments
-
Thank you for reporting back! I'm glad everything worked as expected 🙂
N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Ecoflow Stream, Best kettle :-)
2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.0 -
Should be fine, especially at only 2.5 years old, but I’d still do a couple of sensible things before leaving it.
I’d make sure:
- the 12V battery is healthy
- tyre pressures are set properly
- it’s left with a decent amount of fuel
- you don’t leave anything plugged into USB/12V ports
If possible, I’d also give it a longer run than 20 miles the day before, just to make sure everything is properly charged up.
The main risk after 11 weeks is usually the 12V battery rather than anything hybrid-specific. If you want to be extra cautious, a battery maintainer is the best option, but that depends whether you can safely use one in that car park.
At 11 weeks I wouldn’t panic, but I also wouldn’t leave it with a weak battery and hope for the best.
0 -
Yes, day before departure I ran it up the motorway in sports mode fully expecting to have to use the battery reset on the Tucson upon return. very happy that it started normally with no issue.
1 -
When my last 12v battery was on its last legs I bought one of those boosters from Amazon for about £80 and it is well worth having one kept in your boot. I have used it a few times myself and have helped out a fellow motorist whilst on my travels. I would think12v battery issues are the major thing to go wrong with modern cars.
For me this is as important as a tyre repair thingy to keep in your car and save you having to call the 4th emergency service out.0 -
Car OP has does not have a normal 12V battery, it has a lithium battery that is part of the HEV battery system which is why it ha a reset button, that allows the drive battery to power the 12V side.
Life in the slow lane0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
