We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Tilly Tidy with pennies in 2026
Comments
-
Morning Peeps, just about lifting my head from probably the grey clouds of today. Just moved a round £30 from my TT account to my ISA. I do tend to use more cash than online transactions but I am happy with that effort. We save certain coins ie 5p as they fit nicely into an old dimple whisky bottle that came from my parents house. Their choice of coin was a 6d that fitted in it. I am aiming to just fill it once and let the item go.
Hope you have all enjoyed some of the sunshine last week.
Have a great weekend all.
2 Scratters xx
Anything is better than nothing-check back and see
On the declutter journey since 2023 with Mrs SD. Tilly Tidy since 2023.1 -
Hi All,
Hope everyone is well?
Just been doing a tidy up and managed to move £17.67 to the saving pots
DM x
I feel like a Pelican - everywhere I look there's a bill staring at me!LBM: March 2014 Current CC debt: All repaid 😊 Current Challenges:Tilly Tidy: £902.82/£2500 (36.32%)2 -
Hi All,
End of the week tidy up comes in at £9.85
DM x
I feel like a Pelican - everywhere I look there's a bill staring at me!LBM: March 2014 Current CC debt: All repaid 😊 Current Challenges:Tilly Tidy: £902.82/£2500 (36.32%)2 -
Morning Peeps,
hope you all survived the strange heat. It is so nice at night to see people sat outside small local drinking establishments and enjoying the warmth. Giving off good vibes.
I finished the month of June with £43.47 popped away into my ISA
I save 5p coins into a Dimple whisky jar that belonged to my parents. It is my intention to fill it, count what I save and then sell the jar on as it is a collectable item. I have had a fortunate run of the coins to go in there this week😉 It has taken over a year to get it half full. I will see how it goes towards the end of the year. Hopefully more people are using more cash.
Have a good week
2 Scratters xx
Anything is better than nothing-check back and see
On the declutter journey since 2023 with Mrs SD. Tilly Tidy since 2023.1 -
hi, I’ve only just found this thread, is it okay if I join in please?
debt free wannabe.
Total debt 2026: £18268.67Loans: £6562.37
Credit cards: £11143.15
Retail: £563.30
1 -
Welcome @cutiingcaroline you are very welcome to join this small group.
We are busy on working with the small amounts of pennies or pounds depending where you are on your journey. We are happy to help if you need any. If you want to share anything with us you are welcome to.
2 Scratters xx
Anything is better than nothing-check back and see
On the declutter journey since 2023 with Mrs SD. Tilly Tidy since 2023.1 -
Evening Peeps,
Hope you all have been enjoying the summer. We all seem to be busy outside (as we should be doing) getting on with things and generally living a good life.
I have been continuing to be sending my Tilly Tidies to the ISA as it needs building up again as most of it has been spent on getting the kitchen finally fitted. We are not finished yet with it but it shouldn't take too long as DH is feeling well enough the bits that need doing to get it done. DS is a qualified floor layer and will be assisting in getting it sorted. Then the bathroom will need some more quotes as we unfortunately ended spending some of it on the kitchen.
Enjoy the rest of summer. Speak soon
2 Scratters xx
Anything is better than nothing-check back and see
On the declutter journey since 2023 with Mrs SD. Tilly Tidy since 2023.1 -
Morning Peeps,
I managed to get some pennies Tilly Tidied over to my ISA total for August was £13.62. It all adds up over the year doesn't it.
I will this month start to be more accountable of getting the bits of money together. I have this thing about the months having an R in them and being better financially in them. Probably not buying as many ice-creams from the ice-cream van.
Have a good week
2Scratters xx
Anything is better than nothing-check back and see
On the declutter journey since 2023 with Mrs SD. Tilly Tidy since 2023.0 -
Morning wet Wednesday Peeps,
Hope you are all keeping well and doing what we do best getting those bits together. I am chipping away at putting 20p pieces into a little savings pig ornament also I have a Dimple whisky jar that belonged to my dad which only 5p coins can fit in the neck. £2 coins are also collected in another ornamental savings vessel. I check the change in my purse and also change given back to me when small errands are done as we just use cash to keep an eye on things. If there is any of the denominations mentioned given I will add that to the price of the shop so that the numbers balance. Hubby does forget to do this but I will do an audit and check the change and mark that on the sheet. I perhaps need to start cashing up the stash that we have and will maybe get a weeks free shopping. What we have got will have taken a good 12 months but it all helps.
2 Scratters xx
Anything is better than nothing-check back and see
On the declutter journey since 2023 with Mrs SD. Tilly Tidy since 2023.1 -
Good Evening,
Hope you have all had a good weekend and managed to have some good weather too. The weather here has been a wonderful September day blue skies and a lovely temperature. I was spared yesterday of good blowing wind late in the afternoon to get some washing dried as I was getting ready to get my heated airer out as I don't own a tumble dryer. I'll put some change towards another TT in my account.
What does anyone else do when managing to save unexpectedly? Do you hang onto it to go towards your next spend?
I'm going to start saving it then it can all add up and see what has been saved.
2 Scratters xx
Anything is better than nothing-check back and see
On the declutter journey since 2023 with Mrs SD. Tilly Tidy since 2023.1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
