We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Contactless... limitless

1235»

Comments

  • It's a motorola G53. Not only do you have to unlock the phone but unlock the wallet
    It should only ask to re-verify if the phone has been unlocked for more than three minutes.
    Hmmm, maybe extra security in the Moto devices.

    I have a Moto G13 and that requires to unlock the phone and then to unlock the wallet to make a payment.  Same as all my previous Moto G-series phones before.  Sometimes, it will ask for a pin-unlock in addition to the biometrics unlock (which has to be done twice).  It is really rather frustrating that I rarely bother with pay by phone.
    Ah ok, that does seem quite different to most other Android devices. I had a Samsung Galaxy phone and now have a Pixel 10 Pro XL, both followed the standard three minute rule for Google Wallet. You may be right that it is something additional that Motorola have put in place, possibly something to do with the way they have integrated the biometrics, or it might be they have different settings for Extend Unlock (which might be user fixable).
  • Peter999_2
    Peter999_2 Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Looking online it seems to be a Motorola specific extra level of security that they implement.  It's not an android feature, just a motorola one that apparently you can't disable.    I can imagine it is very frustrating and can see why you think google wallet is a bit rubbish - I'd feel the same if my phone did that to me.

    It's a shame as Motorola phone are great value for the specification.  I bought my mother a motorola for Christmas and she loves it - it was only £99 and seems to have all the features on it.   I was going to show her how to use google wallet but I won't bother now as she won't want to go through all of that just to pay.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.