We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Halifax moving from Mastercard to Visa

1235»

Comments

  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 6,050 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Mine arrived a few days ago.

    I've certainly had several communications about the changeover, with at least two emails, and I can't put my hands on it, but I think there was a letter as well.

  • GalacticaActual
    GalacticaActual Posts: 437 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Newshound! Photogenic

    I've just received an email (10th August 2026) from Halifax offering £5 cashback on my credit card if I opt-in by 20th August 2026.

    My new Visa credit card arrived a few months ago.

    Check your email to see if you have a similar offer.

    🙂

    visa cashback offer, halifax.jpg

    Activate this offer by 20th August 2026.

    •

    Spend at least £25 on your new Visa credit card from 1st September 2026 to 1st October 2026.

    More about this offer

    •

    You'll qualify for £5 cashback once you've spent £25 on your new card, either in a single transaction or across multiple transactions.

    •

    This includes any purchases made in the UK and abroad.

    •

    You can only get this cashback offer once.

    •

    Any cashback earned within the promotional period will be credited to your account within 30 days after the offer end date.

  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 6,050 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I've had the same £5 offer. I generally only use my clarity card abroad, so they may be getting twitchy that I haven't used it yet. I'm sure I can make an exception for a fiver….

  • GalacticaActual
    GalacticaActual Posts: 437 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Newshound! Photogenic

    I have a couple of things I can add to the card this week to take advantage of the £5 offer.

    I am considering closing my cashback credit card, but I will hold off until the cashback anniversary in December.

  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 6,050 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Look again at the email!

    You have to wait until the 1st of September. This week wont work…

  • Yes, quite right. Thanks for pointing it out. 🫢

    My car insurance is due next month, so I might use my Halifax card to pay that.

    👍🏻

  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 11,779 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Halifax emailed me with an offer for the card I have (Clarity) - 0.5% cashback 1/9/26 to 31/12/26, handy at least as my Lloyds Ultra ending around October time so gets a bit extra!

    Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness: 

    People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.

  • GalacticaActual
    GalacticaActual Posts: 437 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Newshound! Photogenic

    That’s a good offer. I know my Halifax Cashback credit card has a 0.25% cashback rate. That used to increase to 0.50% when I reached a £4,000 spending threshold in the year but whether that’s still in operation and if it will be carried over to Lloyds Bank, when the Halifax branding disappears, remains to be seen.

    I use my NatWest Reward credit card for spending now. Also, HSBC have just upgraded me to their Premier service. At the same time, they upgraded my Purchase Plus Credit Card to the Premier Credit Card which offers rewards and an opening offer of bonus reward points.

  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 7,125 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic

    No offers for me 😮 would use the £5 spending a pony, but the 0.5% cashback is the same as two others so wouldn't bother.

    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 11,779 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Yes I had that on both my cards - funnily enough I applied for a Lloyds card when they did that offer as I had a Halifax with 0.25% cashback which I'd had for 25 years, then they did the 0.25/0.5 on the Halifax card a bit later so I could have not had the Lloyds card. I converted Halifax to Clarity for travel perks until the Lloyds Ultra came out which I switched my Lloyds one to. After December I guess I will see, maybe look at AmEx

    Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness: 

    People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.