We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Vehicle into front wall

124»

Comments

  • mills705
    mills705 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I put in a complaint about the communication element and a few other pieces of info. 

    The complaint handler agreed that the communication from the insurer + the loss adjustor were poor and my complaint was upheld. I received £350 compensation. 
  • mills705 said:
    I put in a complaint about the communication element and a few other pieces of info. 

    The complaint handler agreed that the communication from the insurer + the loss adjustor were poor and my complaint was upheld. I received £350 compensation. 
    That's a great result, I didn't expect that at all! 
  • luci
    luci Posts: 6,468 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    mills705 said:
    I put in a complaint about the communication element and a few other pieces of info. 

    The complaint handler agreed that the communication from the insurer + the loss adjustor were poor and my complaint was upheld. I received £350 compensation. 
    Good result. I also didn't expect that. It shows that it's always worth at least trying.
  • mills705
    mills705 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Just a few updates here if anyone cares.

    After reviewing the final response letter, the complaint handler actually missed out a few pieces in acknowledging what went wrong. So I pushed back on her, she did not change her tune so I said OK and sent the complaint to FOS.

    The adjudicator agreed with my opinion regarding the lack of communication and how it was initially dealt with and upheld my complaint increasing my compensation. I do not know if Allianz agreed or disagreed but I agreed. So we got a further payout from them.

    Renewal has subsequenelty arrived and is a little more expensive than last year but the total cost of the claim is £46k.

    Going to shop around as they were awful and noticed we should have been offered a contribution for matching suites but this was not given to us. They took our setee but love chair was not discussed during the call at all.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.