We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Letter before claim

Hello all! 

I’ve just received this LBC and will use the template to reply to them but do I reply straight away via email or wait until the end of the 30 days? 

Since reading the thread I’ve seen about the POPLA appeal, I haven’t done this and so is it too late to appeal to POPLA now? 

I’m new to all this and just going off everything I’ve read in the thread so all and any help is greatly appreciated!



«134

Comments

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,204 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Too late to appeal 

    Delaying the LoC response using the template only delays the issue of a court claim,  it wont stop it happening,  so it's up to you if you want to delay it or not 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,768 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 24 August 2025 at 8:52PM
    Yep depends if you'd prefer a claim in September, or closer to Christmas/winter. To be clear, Gladstones are NOT always instructed to press ahead with claims so it might just fizzle away.

    Defending is easier than appealing.

    But after responding - and while you wait and see if a claim comes - we need you urgently:

    PLEASE bookmark this thread below and do the government's Public Consultation if you haven't done it yet.

    Their proposals are wrong. We must stop them.

    See this thread: -

    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6617396/parking-code-of-practice-consultation-8-weeks-from-11th-july-2025/p1

    We need every poster to come back & complete this vital Consultation before the deadline! Just 2 weeks left but please don't rush it. You can do some then save it and come back to it as you have time.

    We understand that you may need some pointers. It looks laborious, we get that.

    So to try to help, I've written some guidance on that thread.

    Any questions on the Consultation please ask - on the dedicated thread - but I've covered up to question 20 already in that first post, openly telling everyone what I'm going to put and/or what sort of evidence you might wish to use for your response, if you agree with what we'll be saying from our experience.

    Whilst your answers must of course be your own, there are vital points to safeguard motorists interests to make, that many people may not think of without our guidance because we see cases every day and we know the legal background. 

    However, people like you have lived & breathed the intimidation, greed and unfairness first hand so your voice is needed!

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • 1505grandad
    1505grandad Posts: 4,601 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 24 August 2025 at 8:00PM
    "Since reading the thread I’ve seen about the POPLA appeal, I haven’t done this and so is it too late to appeal to POPLA now?"

    A heads-up  -  PPE are IPC AoS members so POPLA was never relevant.

  • So I have sent the email and used the template provided asking to pause for 30 days, is there anything in the mean time I can do or is it wait and see if they respond with a court date?
  • So I’ve just received my claim form, claimant is Premier Parking Enforcement Ltd.

    My PCN is for a ticket due to not validating my reg as parking is for patients only. I was a patient on the day but my validation didn’t go through as I was rushing (possibly didn’t submit validation). There is no fee for the site at all as it is purely for patrons and I do t think it’s timed either however I was only 20 mins.

    Going forward do I use this template coupon-mad has put together?

    Any help appreciated, thanks in advance!

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,204 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 1 September at 11:35AM

    Get the AOS online stage completed first

    Use the template defence and adapt it

    Follow the 8 steps

    Issue date ?

    Which solicitors ?

  • SecretIdentityFool
    SecretIdentityFool Posts: 18 Forumite
    10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 1 September at 11:35AM

    Issue date - 11th Feb (was on holiday from the 12th and only got back on the 18th so came home to it)

    Gladstone solicitors

    Do I copy these 8 steps word for word and just change the key details to suit my scenario?

  • Nellymoser
    Nellymoser Posts: 2,956 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 1 September at 11:35AM

    No as previously advised by Gr1pr you follow the 8 steps

    copy the 10 paragraphs in post 2 of the template defence thread, adapt para 3 to suit. You can post your para 3 here for checking.

    Have you done the AOS?

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,204 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 1 September at 11:35AM

    Premier Parking Enforcement Ltd., issue date 11th February 2026

    As its Gladstones check your POC details on the bottom left of the claim form

    Then use the Gladstones version of the defence template, providing that you have completed your AOS online first on MCOL ( no paperwork, no emails, online only at this early stage . )

    Your recent holiday is irrelevant

  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 27,184 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 1 September at 11:35AM

    With an issue date of 11/02/26 and providing you complete(d) the AoS after 16/02/26 and before or on 02/03/26 your defence deadline date is 4.00 p.m. on 16/03/26

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.