Tesco value range seems to be disappearing

Options
I go to Tesco to do my elderly mothers shopping and I have noticed that some of the value products seem to have gone.
Since the end of November I have noticed that our shop no longer stocks plum tomatoes
toilet rim blocks
disinfectant

The next range up is more expensive and I was just wondering if any of you had noticed this.
I wonder if this is the shape of things to come and that eventually they will do away with this range so that there will only be their own brand available.
NSK Zombie # SFD 7/15 Food Bank £0/£5
Food
£73.57/£122 (incl. pet food)
Petrol £20/£40
Exercise 2/15 Outings 1/2
Debt :eek: £18,917

Comments

• Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    They're all still on Mysupermarket.com, unless it hasn't been updated!
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It might just be that with it just having been Christmas they've had to create more shelf space for the Christmas ranges and so had to remove some items.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• LumpyCustard_2
    Options
    I'd noticed this too, and well before Christmas. I can't get the value muesli any more, although there does now seem to be a value bran flakes, which suits me ok. I couldn't find the value lasagne sheets either. It will be interesting to see whether anything else disappears over the next few months.
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Possibly changing the packaging, have known them not to have any in for a while then when they come back they look different.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Gingernutmeg
    Gingernutmeg Posts: 3,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Same thing happened at my local Tesco - it stopped stocking anything other than Tesco own brands, and then the cheapest ranges started disappearing too.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi kittyboo,

You aren't the only one to have noticed this as there's a thread about it on the Shop but don't Drop board.

Anyone noticed Tesco "Value" range disappearing?

I'll move your thread over to that board shortly.

Pink
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    Not only do they disappear, but they re-appear a few weeks later in new packaging and at a higher price!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tesco value butter has gone up from 57p to 85p For ages their toilet cleaner was unavaiable at our own store, we were told that it had been discontinued. We found it in a store in Devon when on holiday, I bought 6 lots, it did come back into our store but in different packaging, and guess what??????????? it had gone up. We like the value strong cheddar cheese, for the last few weeks we have been unable to get it, I was in for a TV times a couple of weeks ago, checked and they had it, I bought all that was left and froze what I was not going to use straight away. Sneaky, yes but I had been looking for it for over 2 months, most of the rest of Tesco's cheese is awful.
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • wornoutmumoftwo
    Options
    A lot of our tesco value stuff disappeared during December to make space for the christmas stuff, hopefully it'll be back soon.
    Payment a day challenge: £236.69
    Jan Shopping Challenge: £202.09/£250
    Frugal Living Challenge: £534.64/15000
  • Paulie'sGirl
    Options
    They've stopped doing their own pickled onions. All my local Extra has is the branded varieties, and I refuse to pay the premium for them...
  • Sassamac
    Sassamac Posts: 522 Forumite
    Options
    Ive noticed a few, expecialy in the run up to Christmas. I also notice that the value things creep up in price. I have stopped buying value orange juice cos it has from 38p (going back to when I was a student about 6 - 8 years ago) to 58p and the healthy living orange juice and cranberry juice has crept dwon to 52p. it seems rediculous how cranberry juice can be cheaper than value orange or apple juice but there we go. they messed about their own brand nappies too at about the same time which annoyed me as there value ones are unuseabley bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure