The OR

Options

Comments

• Gaz1971
    Gaz1971 Posts: 488 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The CoOp account was opened after BR. What problems can I have regarding that account then?

Regarding the excess, if I have say 50 quid excess and have Sky and Internet will they make me get rid so I have over 100 excess and can pay an IPA?
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry didn't realise you had gone BR already.

It can take a while for the word to get from one bank department to another. You are doing the right thing not using it. I would ring Co-op up and get a form to fill in and they would transfer any DD's for you. jUST CANCEL THE ONES YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY. ooops!!:o

Any way I'm off to bed now so will catch up tomorrow.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • tigerfeet2006
    Options
    Gaz1971 wrote: »
    The CoOp account was opened after BR. What problems can I have regarding that account then?

Regarding the excess, if I have say 50 quid excess and have Sky and Internet will they make me get rid so I have over 100 excess and can pay an IPA?

None if it was opened after BR.

The sky and internet will not concern the OR what he can do is lower some of your allowances if he feels they are not necessary by say £75 so giving you £25 over then put an IPA on you. But OR's ARE GENERALLY VERY FAIR AND DON'T DO THIS ooops!:o . Don't panic over this. If an OR says you have to pay an IPA you can contest it, you don't have to accept it.

Did we look at your soa before you went BR. If not pop it up and we will have a quick look.
    BSCno.87
  • Gaz1971
    Options
    I went BR on 18th Dec and then opened the Co Op account on your advice:A

I have had a brief chat with the OR and I am expecting a call to arrange the interview.

I have a low income and no surplus so Im not really worried about an IPA at the moment but curious how things work if I get a job. I have car insurance, internet and Sky as the only bills I have other than household bills (gas,electric,etc) so I dont think you could say Im overspending on anything.
    My concern was that they would say ' You dont NEED Sky or internet so get rid' so they can raise my surplus so I can pay an IPA
  • tigerfeet2006
    Options
    Hi Gaz, sorry yes I remember now. I've not had a lot of sleep in the last 48hrs and my braincell is a bit strectched.

You are allowed that surplus so don't panic on that. If you have included sky and internet on your soa then yes the OR could say you have to pay it out your surplus because they are not necessities.

I think I am correct in saying that you never showed us your I&E so we could check it out for you. If you want to post it up we can have a quick look and you may be able to negotiate with the OR to change something.

EDIT: You are on benefits at the moment aren't you? You won't get an IPA if you are on benefits.

If you get a job post up your I&E and we can probably see which areas of your life you will need to increase your outgoings.
    BSCno.87
  • Gaz1971
    Options
    OK
    Out
    Gas-20
    Elec-35
    Water-37
    Sky-30
    Internet-30
    Rent-228
    CTax-110
    Car Ins-34
    Total-524

In
    Income support-236
    Housing Ben-228
    CTax Ben-110
    Total-574

Remaining 50 each month on food, yes it is possible! I save up 2 pound coins and use that for petrol each month
  • Gaz1971
    Options
    Hi Gaz, sorry yes I remember now. I've not had a lot of sleep in the last 48hrs and my braincell is a bit strectched.

You are allowed that surplus so don't panic on that. If you have included sky and internet on your soa then yes the OR could say you have to pay it out your surplus because they are not necessities.

I think I am correct in saying that you never showed us your I&E so we could check it out for you. If you want to post it up we can have a quick look and you may be able to negotiate with the OR to change something.

EDIT: You are on benefits at the moment aren't you? You won't get an IPA if you are on benefits.

If you get a job post up your I&E and we can probably see which areas of your life you will need to increase your outgoings.

You mean the 90 pound surplus you are allowed before you start getting an IPA?
  • tigerfeet2006
    Options
    You won't get an IPA if you are on benefits so don't worry.

There is so much that is not on your I&E that if you get a job you will be able to add. House insurance, dental, opticians, prescriptions, clothes, more on petrol just for a start.
    BSCno.87
  • tigerfeet2006
    Options
    Gaz1971 wrote: »
    You mean the 90 pound surplus you are allowed before you start getting an IPA?

It's £99 surplus and when you hit the £100 you are in IPA territory.

http://bankruptcysupportersclub.co.uk/OR.aspx
    BSCno.87
  • Gaz1971
    Options
    It's £99 surplus and when you hit the £100 you are in IPA territory.

http://bankruptcysupportersclub.co.uk/OR.aspx

Yeah thats what I meant.

How do you mean they will take Sky and Internet from my surplus(if I had one)?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure