We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
The Old Regular Savers Discussion Thread 28/12/24-29/1/26
Comments
-
Without naming names, one has identified themselves in this thread beforeStargunner said:It was only a matter of time before Principality became aware of this.
It is quite possible that a report highlighted that they have 3 or 4 times as many active RS accounts than they have members.
it is also possible that a member of their staff could browse this forum.If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.
N.B. (Amended from Forum Rules): You must investigate, and check several times, before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my content, as nothing I post is advice, rather it is personal opinion and is solely for discussion purposes. I research before my posts, and I never intend to share anything that is misleading, misinforming, or out of date, but don't rely on everything you read. Some of the information changes quickly, is my own opinion or may be incorrect. Verify anything you read before acting on it to protect yourself because you are responsible for any action you consequently make... DYOR, YMMV etc.3 -
Kim_13 said:
You're allowed one RS of each Issue, so a 6 Month Issue 4 and a Christmas RS are within the terms. You'll also be allowed a 6 Month Issue 5 alongside your Issue 4 if one appears.MrWannabe said:Hoping that the RS experts on here can help/advise? I opened the Principality ‘6 Month Regular Saver’ late August (it is due to mature in Feb). Would I be able to open the Principality ‘Christmas 2026 Regular Saver’ now, or would I not eligible (because I already have an active Regular Saver with Principality)?
Not necessarily. They could say that you cannot have a 6 Month Issue 5 if you already have an Issue 4. All depends on the terms if they decide to offer a new issue.0 -
Have you tried to renew any recently, because it appears that they have only started to check and if necessary reject them since the beginning of this month.subjecttocontract said:Well I always wear something green and it's always worked ok for me. I have multiple principality reg savers so it must be green clothing that does the trick.
i applied to mature my Xmas 2025 saver to a 2026 version last night, but I am expecting to have it rejected today as I already have other 2026 Xmas savers1 -
My Zopa RS reached maturity recently. My £300 Auto payment went in on the maturity date to the old RS and the same day I withdrew the balance. I then opened a new RS @7.1% and set up a new autosave for which the first £300 will be taken from my nominated account in a months time. As it is a new RS account I presume I can immediately make a £300 payment manually?0
-
I've made the point before, it would be naive to think that discussions here (and on any other public website) were not routinely notified to MonBS (or more likely whichever firm runs their Integrated Marketing Communications aka PR), such monitoring is now more or less trivial with modern internet search tools.ForumUser7 said:
Without naming names, one has identified themselves in this thread beforeStargunner said:It was only a matter of time before Principality became aware of this.
It is quite possible that a report highlighted that they have 3 or 4 times as many active RS accounts than they have members.
it is also possible that a member of their staff could browse this forum.
It's replaced what used to be physical press cuttings services.4 -
Zopa Regular Saver
Don't think I made a payment to the old RS on the maturity date, but the fact that it came straight out same day probably means it makes little difference. The app will tell you when your next payment is permitted to the new RS, check it allows payment now and check it aligns with your autosave date for the next payment.where_are_we said:As it is a new RS account I presume I can immediately make a £300 payment manually?1 -
You're right, but Principality have allowed you to have one of each issue for as long as I've had RS accounts with them (so at least the last 5 years) so I think it's pretty likely that this will continue.FishInGlass said:Kim_13 said:
You're allowed one RS of each Issue, so a 6 Month Issue 4 and a Christmas RS are within the terms. You'll also be allowed a 6 Month Issue 5 alongside your Issue 4 if one appears.MrWannabe said:Hoping that the RS experts on here can help/advise? I opened the Principality ‘6 Month Regular Saver’ late August (it is due to mature in Feb). Would I be able to open the Principality ‘Christmas 2026 Regular Saver’ now, or would I not eligible (because I already have an active Regular Saver with Principality)?
Not necessarily. They could say that you cannot have a 6 Month Issue 5 if you already have an Issue 4. All depends on the terms if they decide to offer a new issue.1 -
Just had a survey from PrincipalityPulse. Subject: maturity processing.
It might be coincidence, it might be they are reviewing whether their current processes are fit for purpose…… 6 -
And hot on the heels of the survey: Principality email to tell me that my maturity instructions for another RS4, submitted yesterday, have now been rejected, and that the full balance will be paid to my current account 😢😭.1
-
Principality
Those surveys annoy me so much, they seem to appear as an obstacle when I'm in the middle of doing something so I have to dismiss them.2
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


