We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Old Regular Savers Discussion Thread 28/12/24-29/1/26

1…481482484486487…1113

Comments

  • clairec666
    clairec666 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Also am I right in thinking this started at 6.25% then went down to 6% & is currently 5.75%?
    I've got it at 6.25% on my spreadsheet for last year. Can't remember when it dropped to 6%.
    3rd March for 6.25% to 6% and 2nd June for 6% to 5.75%.

    Links to lists of previous interest rate reductions appear on the first page of the Archived thread:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/80268179/#Comment_80268179
    Ah, you are more thorough with your record-keeping than me. I must have taken my eye off the ball in March... too busy playing around with my ISAs before the tax year end :D
  • I love that!  Although if I worked at Coventry Building Society I probably would put kisses - I put kisses on everything! 
  • Hi all; Can anyone direct me to any building societies offering 24 month regualar savers not including Skipton, Hinkley & Rugby, Yorkshire, Penrith and Leeds? 

    Thanks for any help...
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 4,532 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi all; Can anyone direct me to any building societies offering 24 month regualar savers not including Skipton, Hinkley & Rugby, Yorkshire, Penrith and Leeds? 

    Thanks for any help...
    Melton. Currently only an open ended version is available, but they periodically release other issues with maturities of 2 years+.
  • Kim_13 said:
    Hi all; Can anyone direct me to any building societies offering 24 month regualar savers not including Skipton, Hinkley & Rugby, Yorkshire, Penrith and Leeds? 

    Thanks for any help...
    Melton. Currently only an open ended version is available, but they periodically release other issues with maturities of 2 years+.
    Thanks for that: I do have the Regular Saver Issue 5 but as I'm coming up on retirement in a couple of years, I am focussed on having a regular saver maturing each month in tax year 27/28. I'm not overly concerned with the interest rate but it is as always a consideration! 
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 6,512 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi all; Can anyone direct me to any building societies offering 24 month regualar savers not including Skipton, Hinkley & Rugby, Yorkshire, Penrith and Leeds? 

    Thanks for any help...
    Chorley

    Principality and SRBS have longer term regular savers but you can withdraw/close them without penalty as do NatWest/RBS 
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 5,504 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Newshound! Name Dropper
    Kim_13 said:
    Hi all; Can anyone direct me to any building societies offering 24 month regualar savers not including Skipton, Hinkley & Rugby, Yorkshire, Penrith and Leeds? 

    Thanks for any help...
    Melton. Currently only an open ended version is available, but they periodically release other issues with maturities of 2 years+.
    Thanks for that: I do have the Regular Saver Issue 5 but as I'm coming up on retirement in a couple of years, I am focussed on having a regular saver maturing each month in tax year 27/28. I'm not overly concerned with the interest rate but it is as always a consideration! 
    Keep an eye on Loughborough BS - they did a retirement saver for over 55s quite recently - in fact might have been Savings Week last year (which comes around again in a month's time).
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 6,465 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 17 August 2025 at 5:26PM
    Hi all; Can anyone direct me to any building societies offering 24 month regualar savers not including Skipton, Hinkley & Rugby, Yorkshire, Penrith and Leeds? 

    Thanks for any help...
    Melton. It might be branch only though.

    "Based on the current rate of interest, if you deposited £500 on the 1st of each calendar month, after 24 months you would have £12,548.19."

    https://www.themelton.co.uk/regular_savings/regular-saver-5/
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.